The Sign Up Genius link will be available here starting on or before November 10.
It’s time to start to think about our 2021 Holiday Drive. While the hope was that we’d be back to the church with lots of volunteers – there is still a sense of concern as we continue to face covid variants. Therefore the decision was to keep the drive similar in design to last year. We expect to be supporting a very large list of families again this year, so we’ll need lots of assistance! Here are the basics:
- Families are requesting household items and gifts for their children, Sign Up Genius will be available from November 10-December 3 to select gifts to donate.
- There will be NO food, toiletry, or college baskets this year. We will replace these baskets with gift cards.
- There WILL be cleaning bags this year. We are producing a specific list of supplies for each bag to make the shopping easy (see downloads section).
- A large amount of gift cards will be needed given the increased number of families we are helping and the fact that we are again replacing most baskets with gift cards.
- If shopping isn’t your thing, we are happy to accept general donations via check, venmo, or credit card/paypal. Our committee members will use those funds to purchase gift cards or requested gifts.
- As in the past, we are asking donors to wrap their gifts in advance and label them with what is inside. If you need assistance, please contact us. We are happy to help. (See example of wrapping details.)
- Given expected shipping delays, please allow for more delivery time for any online purchases.
- Please print and complete the Donor Form (see downloads section) and drop off with your gifts or gift cards.
- Once again, we will NOT be using St John’s Church this year. Gifts should be dropped-off at our volunteer ambassador’s homes around the area. We highly recommend you select gifts from within ONE family to help manage the drop off process. Different families may have different drop-off locations.
- All items should be dropped off at the assigned Ambassadors’ homes on either Saturday, December 4th or Sunday, December 5th. You will be provided with the drop-off addresses, via email, after you have selected families/gifts on the SignUp Genius and we have sorted through all the donations. If you cannot make these dates work, contact us for another option.
- Questions, PLEASE contact us at email@example.com
If you are only donating gift cards, there are 3 options for dropping them off:
- Drop them off at one of our Gift Card Chair’s homes prior to December 3rd. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and will give you drop-off details. This is our preferred option.
- Drop them off at the Ambassador’s homes on December 4 or 5.
- Mail them to T&E Care-Holiday Drive, PO Box 2111, Southeastern, PA 19399 (be sure to mail them well prior to Dec. 3, given all the issues with mail delays).
Donations for the T&E Care Holiday Drive
Thanks for any donations you want to make. Our volunteers will use these to cover any needed gift cards and/or unclaimed gifts. If you are making a donation for the Holiday Drive, please note that with the payment.
DONATING WITH VENMO:
- You can use Venmo to make a donation
- Our logo is: and our ID is @tecare
- IMPORTANT NOTE – if you are new to T&E Care, we need your email to send a note of thanks. Venmo does not automatically provide this information. Please send us an email at email@example.com to alert us of your donation. If you want a mailed receipt, please also send your mailing address.
DONATING WITH A CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL:
The button below is for CREDIT CARD/PAYPAL donations and prize tickets purchases
- PayPal charges approximately 2.5% processing fee for each dollar donated. If you would like 100% of your donation to go to T&E Care, please add this fee to your donation.
- You do NOT need a PayPal account to make a donation; any major credit card will work.
- T&E Care will NOT be given any of your personal credit card information.
DONATING WITH A CHECK:
- Checks should be mailed to T&E Care, PO Box 2111, Southeastern, PA 19399, attn: Holiday Drive.
FORMS FOR HOLIDAY DRIVE
Forms to download for this year’s Holiday Drive:
Cleaning Bag list – If you want to donate a cleaning bag for a family – please use this list. We are trying to make all bags somewhat consistent. Thanks!
2021 Holiday Drive Donor Form – if you are making a donation of gifts and/or gift cards to the Holiday Drive, please include a copy of this form when you drop off your items.
Donation Receipts – if you made a donation to the Holiday Drive you should receive an email or letter of thanks. But if you want to just print out a receipt, you can download one here.
Completing the SignUp Genius Form
Once the SignUp Genius link is ready – here are the general directions for completing that form:
- You will see multiple tabs for different sizes of families from which to choose, plus a tab just for generic gift cards. If one tab is fully claimed – be sure to check out options on other tabs.
- Choose a family(s) and/or item(s) from a tab. Check the box beside each item you select to donate. To select the entire family you must check each box in the family’s section. Because of our new drop-off program, you are encouraged to select items from within one family so your delivery will be easier.
- If you want, you may continue to select more items or families from that tab, or from any other tab, but you must click on “Submit and Sign Up” at the end of each tab to confirm your selections before you move to another tab.
- You will receive an email from SignUp Genius confirming your choices. If you have selected families or items from multiple tabs you will receive multiple emails.
- You will be notified of your drop off location(s) before the December 4 or 5 dates.
- Completing your selections is as easy as providing your name, email and phone number.
Thanks to the Holiday Drive 2021 Committee!
While there are many more involved in planning the event – including all the ambassadors and those writing the thank you notes, we want to espcially recognize the folks who organize the event:
Chairs: Doreen McGillis and Jeanne Swope
Mary Frances Szpila
If you’d like to get involved with this great group, let us know at Holidays@tecare.org.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.