General questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 484-254-6510. Along with your specific reason for calling, please be sure to include your name, phone/email, and the city/township in which you live. Requests made without this information will not be considered.
GENERAL HELP FORM
If you live in this area and need assistance, please complete this form. We are also willing to help TESD employees who might live outside the area during these unusual coronavirus-related times! Be sure you identify where you live and if you are not local what/where your TESD job is so we can confirm your request. We are VERY confidential in our assistance, so don’t hesitate to ask!
Resources for help during COVID-19
Local Childcare/School Assistance for the 20/21 School Year
If you have some children who need assistance with their school work, or need to be in a different environment than being at home (while the schools are still virtual) here are some options. Please contact us for information on how either FLITE or T&E Care might be able to help cover some of these costs. Many have very limited space, so apply ASAP if interested.
- Upper Main Line Y – Learning Centers – for students in grades K-6. This is not school, but there will be adults to supervise and lend a hand as the students follow the online curriculum for their own school.
- Competitive Edge – Youth Enrichment Programs – half day and full day programs available for working parents or families who just don’t have the space for their kids to be home schooled. For students 6-13. Located in King of Prussia.
- Lifetime Distance Learning Support Camp – half day or full day programs for PreK through 6th graders. King of Prussia location.
- If you have a child of preschool age and want to get him/her into a preschool program – find one that has space and works for your schedule, and then ask the director to see if FLITE can help with the tuition. Contact us for more details.
- General Resources for assistance – includes info on health insurance, utility and child care assistance, etc. etc. Lots of topics.
- Unemployment questions – includes info on unemployment and how it will work
- Extra $600/week questions – this can help to explain who gets the extra $600/week in unemployment.
- Stimulus check information – includes info on how to get your stimulus checks
- Student Loans – includes info if you are currently paying any government-offered student loans
Food Resources (at the food pantries during the pandemic – no registrations are needed)
- Free & Reduced Meal Assistance – for students in the T/E School District; if you haven’t qualified in the past but now have reduced income – you might want to apply again – bre
Centers.akfast and lunch food is being made available to qualified students each week. (Students outside of TESD should check with their own district’s website.)
- Great Valley Food Cupboard – at Baptist Church near Gateway Shopping Center; you do not need to be a member of the church; open 11-2 on Tuesday.
- Wayne Church Food Pantry – at Wayne United Methodist Church; you do not need to be a member; open 9-1 on Wednesday and Thursday
- Church of the Good Samaritan Food Closet – at Good Sam Church in Paoli; you do not need to be a member; open 9-11 the first and third Thursdays, and 5pm-7pm the second and fourth Thursday evenings.
- Upper Main Line Y Food Drive – at UMLY, 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd, Berwyn; sign up at this link and pick up food on Fridays (sign up every week). Pick your time and pull up in front of the Carriage House. They will bring the food to you.
- West Chester Food Cupboard, 431 S. Bolmar St., West Chester, 610-344-3175, email@example.com; Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays – 8:30am-11:30am; provides non-perishable items, fresh produce, dairy, meat products, breads, desserts, and some toiletries and personal care items (diapers, too). You may need to show driver’s license or utility bill to prove PA residency.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.