- Fall Fest – November 7, 2020
- Public clothing event for 2020 has been cancelled due to coronavirus.
- Monday, September 21 – 7th Annual Charity Golf Outing to support the Rotary Club of the Upper Main Line, a supporter of T&E Care.
Coronavirus and our T/E communities
In light of all the coronavirus-related shutdowns and the impacts on many families in T/E – T&E Care will be doing whatever it can to support our neighbors. These are very trying times and we recognize that! If you need assistance in any way – click HERE to let us know how we can help.
For up-to-date information on unemployment questions – this link may be of use.
If you are willing to offer financial support in any way, that would be most appreciated. We expect a lot of requests for assistance. Either checks, paypal/venmo donations, or gift cards would be welcome. If anyone wants to shop for the local food pantry, see below for ideas on how to help there. For T&E Care, the best help is a donation so we can pay bills or mail out gift cards. Click HERE to see how to make a donation.
We will all get through this together! That’s what T&E Care is all about!
Click here for the T&E Care Blast 3.27.20 that was sent out to summarize our support to date.
Great Valley Food Cupboard assistance
If you are out shopping yourself and you are willing to buy something for the local food pantry – the best suggestion is to buy a bag of the foods below and then that bag will just be turned directly over to a family who comes to the pantry. They need all bags to be basically the same to make this easiest. We practiced with a Trader Joe type of bag and this is what should all fit:
- one box of cereal – preferably Cherrios, Corn Flakes, or Frosted Flakes
- one container of oatmeal
- one jar of peanut butter
- one jar of strawberry or grape jelly
- one jar of regular marinara pasta sauce
- one box of spaghetti
- one box of granola bars
- one pack of juice boxes
- one can of tuna
- one can of fruit (peaches, cocktail, etc.)
- a package of Tastykakes
- one box of crackers (like Triscuits) or a bag of pretzels
If you are able to find and get any cleaning supplies, paper towels, or TP as well – keep them separate but they’d take them as well. All bags should be dropped off right in the vestibule of the church from 9-1 on Mondays through Thursdays. IF the church is locked then leave all bags under the overhang. Someone is in and out each day. Thanks!
The Great Valley Food Cupboard is located at 945 North Valley Forge Road in Devon. It’s in the Scott Building which is the white building next to the Baptist Church in the Great Valley, not far from Gateway Shopping Center.
T&E Care is all about investing in our community!
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- If you have a sectional sofa you are looking to donate – please let us know. We know someone who could use one. 4/13/20
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
2020 Kids’ Clothing Event – Important update #2
MARCH 8, 2020 – We are sorry to announce that, due to the coronavirus outbreak, T&E Care has decided to do a significantly scaled-back version of the Kids’ Clothing Event this year. Please note that there will be NO SCHOOL OR LIBRARY COLLECTIONS THIS YEAR, nor will there be any public shopping event on March 26 or 27. Mini-sorting on March 25/26 is now also postponed. Please check our clothing website page for details. Thank you for understanding our need for safety in this situation. Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- March 2020 – Thanks to Valley Forge Middle School and Hillside for their recent donations to T&E Care. It’s great to know that the PTOs support our efforts!
- March 2020 – Thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for supporting T&E Care with their Alternative Gift Program.
- February 2020 – a HUGE shout out to Corporate Business Solutions America Inc. for offering a great donation that we will use to get laptops for college students. We will use some of this to support some of our pending college graduates so they can get off to a great start on their new adventure.
- February 2020 – Really special thanks to the Upper Main Line Rotary for their ongoing support of T&E Care.
- February 2020 – Thanks to the Old State Road Book Club for their recent support of T&E Care.
- January 2020 – A big WOW and thanks to the folks at Clifton Larson Allen LLP for including T&E Care in their annual fund raising drive. What a special treat to get this support!
- December 2019 – A huge thank you to all those at St. Norberts who participated in the annual Giving Tree program. All the gift cards we received through this were a tremendous help with our holiday drive.
- December 2019 – Many thanks to the Gerry Lenfest Legacy Fund of the Philadelphia Foundation for honoring us with a donation again this year. We are awed to think that we would be partnered with anything related to Gerry Lenfest, given his amazing contributions in the Philadelphia area and beyond.
- November 2019 – Thanks to FLITE (the local education foundation) for agreeing to once again fund the Computers for Kids program for the 2019/2020 school year. This will allow us to prepare refurbished computers as well as provide new laptops for some of the college-bound students we are supporting.
- November 2019 – a HUGE shout out to a local foundation for once again recognizing our efforts with a very nice grant. We are most appreciative of this support.
- October 2019 – Thanks to the Vanguard Group Foundation for again recognizing T&E Care in their Vanguard Hometown Grants program. What a huge vote of confidence in what we do.
- October 2019 – Thanks to all those who participated in the Blue Horse Leggings Event this past October 6 at Dana Zdancewicz’s – we are very excited to receive this support from this special event!
- October 2019 – Special thanks to St. Luke Church for a wonderful recent donation from their Social Ministry outreach mission. St. Luke is an amazing partner – we can’t thank them enough for their continued support.
- October 2019 – Hats off to the folks at Berkshire Hathaway’s Devon office for their recent Annual Charity Day efforts. The volunteers did a lot of different projects around the community – including two big ones for T&E Care. It’s really great to have this assistance and partnership.
- October 2019 – Thanks to the Glenhardie Ladies Golf Association and to the Glen Valley Garden Club. These two groups recently made donations to T&E Care – very special indeed!
- August 2019 – thanks to Our Lady of Assumption Church for making a very generous donation to T&E Care. We much appreciate this support!
- July 2019 – Thanks to the additional organizations that donated to our 2019 School Supply Drive: Wegmans (Malvern) and USLI Care2Fund. Special thanks as well to Play It Again Sports and the Tredyffrin Library for hosting our drop off locations, and to Conestoga HS and the district custodial staff for helping with sorting day.
- July 2019 – Many thanks for the recent Beaumont ES donation for the School Supply Drive – it is always a treat to have such support from the local schools and PTOs!
- July 2019 – A huge thanks to CCRES (Chester County Regional Educational Services) for again approving us for a grant to support our College Assistance Program.
- July 2019 – An amazing thanks to the IGN Foundation for sending us a very generous donation in support of the families we assist.
- June 2019 – Thanks for the continued support of the Chester County Community Foundation/REMAX Main Line Charitable Foundation for helping with the annual School Supply Drive.
- June 2019 – Thanks always to FLITE for the wonderful donation in support of our College Assistance Program – they help to fund the computers that are purchased for the students we support.
- May 2019 – Thanks again to the families and students of New Eagle Elementary School for supporting T&E Care in its annual Fun Run.
- April 2019: Thanks to St. Matthews United Methodist Church for hosting our annual clothing drive, to the TESD schools and Tredyffrin and Easttown Libraries for hosting our collection sites, and to ALL the groups and businesses who lent a hand in this entire effort. A special shout out to Jimmy Johns (King of Prussia), Coal Fired Pizza (Chesterbrook), Panera, Trader Joes, and Starbucks (Gateway) and Elegance (Paoli) for donating food for the volunteers! With all the sorting this was a huge help!
- April 2019: The Connelly Foundation made a donor advised donation to T&E Care which is always appreciated.
- April 2019: The Planned Giving Circle chose T&E Care as one of its recipients this year – we were MOST appreciative of this special recognition.
- March 2019 – the Good Sports of Wayne have come through again! Thanks so much for their amazing support!
- February 2019 – a big shout out to the Upper Main Line Rotary for once again supporting our efforts with their donation. Huge thanks!
- February 2019 – Thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for including us in their holiday Alternative Gift Program. We appreciate this support!
- February 2019 – Thanks to St. John’s Presbyterian Church for helping out with another donation to our programs.
- January 2019 – VERY special thanks to the Fox & Roach/Trident Charities, the Thornedge Foundation, the Baptist Church of the Great Valley, Frazer Mennonite Church, St. Luke Lutheran Church, and a local book group – all of whom made recent donations of one type or another to T&E Care. We value these partnerships and always appreciate this amazing support.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.