- Fall Fest online fundraiser – Oct. 23
- Monday, September 21 – 7th Annual Charity Golf Outing to support the Rotary Club of the Upper Main Line, a supporter of T&E Care.
School Supply Drive 2020 – completed
This year’s School Supply Drive had a very different look due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Only gift cards and cash donations were collected and there was no big sorting day for volunteers. The drive ran from Wednesday, June 24 through Sunday, July 19. More details about the results can be found on the official School Supply Drive page. The community’s support was MUCH appreciated once again!!! THANKS!
T&E Care is all about investing in our community!
Coronavirus and our T/E communities
In light of all the coronavirus-related shutdowns and the impacts on many families in T/E – T&E Care will be doing whatever it can to support our neighbors. These are very trying times and we recognize that! If you need assistance in any way – click HERE to let us know how we can help.
For up-to-date information on unemployment questions – this link may be of use.
If you are willing to offer financial support in any way, that would be most appreciated. We expect a lot of requests for assistance. Either checks, paypal/venmo donations, or gift cards would be welcome. If anyone wants to shop for the local food pantry, see below for ideas on how to help there. For T&E Care, the best help is a donation so we can pay bills or mail out gift cards. Click HERE to see how to make a donation.
We will all get through this together! That’s what T&E Care is all about!
Click here for the T&E Care Blast 3.27.20 that was sent out to summarize our support to date.
Great Valley Food Cupboard assistance
If you are out shopping yourself and you are willing to buy something for the local food pantry – the best suggestion is to buy a bag of the foods below and then that bag will just be turned directly over to a family who comes to the pantry. They need all bags to be basically the same to make this easiest. We practiced with a Trader Joe type of bag and this is what should all fit:
- one box of cereal – preferably Cherrios, Corn Flakes, or Frosted Flakes
- one container of oatmeal
- one jar of peanut butter
- one jar of strawberry or grape jelly
- one jar of regular marinara pasta sauce
- one box of spaghetti
- one box of granola bars
- one pack of juice boxes
- one can of tuna
- one can of fruit (peaches, cocktail, etc.)
- a package of Tastykakes
- one box of crackers (like Triscuits) or a bag of pretzels
If you are able to find and get any cleaning supplies, paper towels, or TP as well – keep them separate but they’d take them as well. All bags should be dropped off right in the vestibule of the church from 9-1 on Mondays through Thursdays. IF the church is locked then leave all bags under the overhang. Someone is in and out each day. Thanks!
The Great Valley Food Cupboard is located at 945 North Valley Forge Road in Devon. It’s in the Scott Building which is the white building next to the Baptist Church in the Great Valley, not far from Gateway Shopping Center.
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- If you have a sectional sofa you are looking to donate – please let us know. We know someone who could use one. 4/13/20
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- June 2020 – Thanks to great generosity from the Philadelphia Foundation which made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic:
- June 2020 – Thanks to FLITE for covering the Computers for Kids costs so we could get new laptops for 10 students going to college.
- May 2020 – Thanks to Junior Capers, Moms Club of Tredyffrin Easttown, and Fox & Roach/Trident Charities for making donations to T&E Care during the pandemic.
- May 2020 – Thanks to an amazing partnership with Globus Medical which made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic:
- April 2020 – Thanks to the Connelly Foundation for allowing a trustee-sponsored donation to T&E Care.
- April 2020 – Thanks to St. Luke Lutheran Church for a donation as the result of a holiday program in 2019.
- April 2020 – Thanks to T/E Middle School’s PTO who have made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic.
- April 2020 – Thanks to all the local businesses and organizations who made donations to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic: Stillwater Capital Advisors, ARR Counseling, John H Ansley Inc, Commit to Kind, Junior Capers, and Luzerne Music Center, Inc.
- March 2020 – Thanks to St. Luke, United Church of Christ, and The Baptist Church in the Great Valley for hosting the 2019 Alternative Gift Market and allowing T&E Care to be one of the recipients of their support.
- March 2020 – Thanks to all the local businesses who have made donations to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic: Pergamon Prints, Sweet Pose LLC, and Databanx.
- March 2020 – Thanks to Valley Forge Middle School and Hillside for their recent donations to T&E Care. It’s great to know that the PTOs support our efforts!
- March 2020 – Thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for supporting T&E Care with their Alternative Gift Program.
- February 2020 – a HUGE shout out to Corporate Business Solutions America Inc. for offering a great donation that we will use to get laptops for college students. We will use some of this to support some of our pending college graduates so they can get off to a great start on their new adventure.
- February 2020 – Really special thanks to the Upper Main Line Rotary for their ongoing support of T&E Care.
- February 2020 – Thanks to the Old State Road Book Club for their recent support of T&E Care.
- January 2020 – A big WOW and thanks to the folks at Clifton Larson Allen LLP for including T&E Care in their annual fund raising drive. What a special treat to get this support!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.