- School Supply Drive will be July 6-21; sorting on July 25!
- Fall Fest – November 9, 2019
- The 2019 Fall Fest will be featuring An Evening Under The Stars! Don’t miss it – Nov. 9.
School Supply Drive 2019 – we are live!
Our School Supply Drive committee has been working since spring and the 2019 School Supply Drive is now ready for your help! It takes a village to pull off this event each July – with 215+ students needing help. We will be collecting supplies through Saturday, July 21. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Annual Spring Kids’ Clothing Event – Another Success
Our spring Kids’ Clothing Event is over and we are very happy with the results! Please check out our website link for lots of pictures and to see the list of groups and businesses lending a hand. It was a true team effort! If you need a receipt for any clothes you dropped off you can download one from our Clothing website page. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- May 2019 – Thanks again to the families and students of New Eagle Elementary School for supporting T&E Care in its annual Fun Run.
- April 2019: Thanks to St. Matthews United Methodist Church for hosting our annual clothing drive, to the TESD schools and Tredyffrin and Easttown Libraries for hosting our collection sites, and to ALL the groups and businesses who lent a hand in this entire effort. A special shout out to Jimmy Johns (King of Prussia), Coal Fired Pizza (Chesterbrook), Panera, Trader Joes, and Starbucks (Gateway) and Elegance (Paoli) for donating food for the volunteers! With all the sorting this was a huge help!
- April 2019: The Connelly Foundation made a donor advised donation to T&E Care which is always appreciated.
- April 2019: The Planned Giving Circle chose T&E Care as one of its recipients this year – we were MOST appreciative of this special recognition.
- March 2019 – the Good Sports of Wayne have come through again! Thanks so much for their amazing support!
- February 2019 – a big shout out to the Upper Main Line Rotary for once again supporting our efforts with their donation. Huge thanks!
- February 2019 – Thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for including us in their holiday Alternative Gift Program. We appreciate this support!
- February 2019 – Thanks to St. John’s Presbyterian Church for helping out with another donation to our programs.
- January 2019 – VERY special thanks to the Fox & Roach/Trident Charities, the Thornedge Foundation, the Baptist Church of the Great Valley, Frazer Mennonite Church, St. Luke Lutheran Church, and a local book group – all of whom made recent donations of one type or another to T&E Care. We value these partnerships and always appreciate this amazing support.
- December 2018 – Thanks to St. Norbert’s Church for including T&E Care in its Giving Tree Project in December and for collecting so many gift cards for us. When we get a request for gas or food or clothes, we usually need to respond quickly, so it’s wonderful to have this inventory ready to go!
- December 2018 – thanks to Sondra Zalewski and Donna Costin, and Laura Pratt for their efforts coordinating the Holiday Dinner program, to St. Luke Church for donating space for the sorting, to the Amana Foundation for donating bags and bags of fresh produce and to all those community members for donating the food to make the holiday dinners extra special for these folks.
- December 2018 – Many thanks to the Gerry Lenfest Legacy Fund of the Philadelphia Foundation for recently honoring us with a donation. We are humbled to think that we would be partnered with anything related to Gerry Lenfest, given his amazing contributions in the Philadelphia area and beyond.
- December 2018 – we thank The Nelson Foundation for a recent grant of $2500. This is a wonderful and much appreciated surprise from this great granting organization.
- December 2018 – we are honored to have recently received a $7500 Hometown Grant from Vanguard. We are humbled to receive this recognition from Vanguard and are excited to partner with them in our efforts to lend assistance to local families.
- December, 2018 – Thanks to Mojo Fitness and Cindy Brauer for holding the Turkey Burn on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was well attended and over $500 was raised for T&E Care that day. Thanks to Cindy for her continued support!
- December, 2018 – Thanks to Nothing Bundt Cake for naming T&E Care as the charity for their Benefit Day grand opening of the new store in Gateway. Over $500 was raised that day. The cakes are delicious and Mike and Erin Shine (store owners) were wonderful to offer us this opportunity.
- November 2018 – Our Thanksgiving Dinner program was very successful again this year! Thanks to Cindy Gilroy, Danyll Lockett, and Laura Pratt for their amazing efforts organizing this important event. We also want to do special shout outs to St. Luke Lutheran Church for hosting the cooking and collecting, to the Amana Foundation for once again being a huge help by providing bags and bags of fresh produce, to Mrs. Thompson’s 4th grade class at BES for making fun cards to include with the dinners, and to all those who helped to cook and to those who provided all the food needed for this to be a success. We KNOW the families receiving these dinners are MOST appreciative.
- November 2018 – We recently put out a request for laptops to help with our refurbishing program, and SEI came through big time. We got 20 laptops through this request – which totally fulfills our needs at this point. Many thanks for this amazing support!
- November 2018 – A million thanks to everyone who supported our 11th annual fundraiser – the Fall Fest. Those who attended, those who donated prizes, those who bid on prizes, those who pulled the event together, and those who sponsored – it was a huge team effort.
- November 2018 – Not only has St. Luke Lutheran Church been a fabulous support hosting our Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinner programs, but they also recently made a general donation to T&E Care. We are extremely thankful for this amazing partnership.
- November 2018 – Thanks to Community Backstop – another local group that helps out families now and then – we were recently able to replace the roof for a local family. Partnering with Community Backstop on bigger projects like this is very helpful!
- November 2018 – We are honored to announce another wonderful grant from The W.W. Smith Charitable Trust. The Trust’s support shows they continue to understand the many difficult family needs assisted by our organization. We thank them for this amazing recognition.
- October 2018 – Louella in Wayne recently had a shopping day for T&E Care and $250 was raised as a result. Thanks to all who enjoyed the chance to shop at this great store on our behalf!
- October 2018 – Many thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for a recent donation for our general fund. We always appreciate the support of our local faith-based organizations.
- September 2018 – A round of applause for a number of folks from the Devon office of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Fox & Roach who recently donated their time to do a clean-up for a local resident, and to also help with some Fall Fest invitations. We appreciate all the help with can get with these projects!
- September 2018 – Hats off to the Paoli Ford dealer for helping with a repair of a car to a local resident – offering a 10% discount off a significant repair.
- September 2018 – Much appreciation to the WAWA Foundation for honoring T&E Care with a $1500 grant to put towards our School Lunch Assistance Program.
- July 2018 – A huge thanks to CCRES, (Chester County Regional Educational Services) for the award of a $4000 grant toward our College Assistance Program. The mission of CCRES is to ensure quality educational and human service programs for children, families, and schools – which fits perfectly with our attempts to help students get a college degree. For more information on CCRES, go to www.ccres.org.
- July 2018 – Thanks again to the Glen Valley Garden Club for a donation to our organization. We appreciate their continued support!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.