T&E Care is all about investing in our community!
The 2020 Fall Fest
Mark your calendars for the 2020 Fall Fest, known this year as the Day of Impact. Among other things, this year’s virtual event on Friday, October 23 will feature a video to share with the community the true impact of your donations and support each year. Raffle prize ticket sales is now over. Watch for the link on our website at 6:45pm on Oct. 23 to watch the raffle drawing. Please consider making a donation towards our Day of Impact. Check our Fall Fest page for more details!
Holiday Drive 2020
With Fall upon us it’s time to think about the annual T&E Care Holiday Drive! It will look VERY different this year, due to the various crowd and shopping restrictions. Check out the Holiday Drive website page for all the details. We’ll be posting the wishlists starting on November 11, through December 4. Deliveries will be on December 5 and 6. THANKS as always for any support you can offer.
Thanksgiving Outreach 2020
Plans for this year’s T&E Care Thanksgiving outreach are underway and, as is the case with nearly everything else around us, it will look a bit different this year. As in years past, each of ten local families will receive a turkey to be cooked at home; all side dishes; fresh produce; dessert; and a supply of non-perishable essential pantry items that are not typically available at our local food pantries.
However, this year instead of donating all the food (other than turkeys) we are asking that you sponsor a family. The cost to sponsor a family for Thanksgiving Dinner will be $68. A bag of non-perishable essential pantry items will cost $50. We will also gratefully accept turkey donations (10-15 lbs.).
We encourage you to join with other family members, neighbors, or friends to sponsor a T&E Care family for Thanksgiving holiday. Sharing the cost – and the reward – of sponsorship is a great way to lend support and while continuing to build the strong bonds of our T&E community. So many thanks! For more details on how to sign up, please see our Special Dinners website page.
Nothing Bundt Cake event – October 16
Thanks again to Erin and Mike Shine, the owners of Nothing Bundt Cakes in the Gateway Shopping Center, for partnering with T&E Care as they celebrated their 2nd anniversary of the store. When they opened the store in 2018 they hosted a “give back” day for T&E Care – which was such fun for us! They did this again on Friday, October 16, 2020, where 10% of any purchases went to T&E Care! We thank all those who indulged in the yummy cakes to support this special event. And thanks to the Shines for their continued generosity to this community!
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- October 2020 – Many thanks to the The W.W. Smith Charitable Trust for approving our grant to help cover some of the costs of our Home & Hearth Program. This partnership is huge in our efforts to keep families safe and in their homes.
- September 2020 – Thanks to Governanti Solutions LLC and the S.M.A.C.K. Honey family for amazing donations to T&E Care.
- August 2020 – Thanks to Providence Consulting Group for donating 5 laptops to T&E Care.
- August 2020 – Thanks to ARR Counseling and Lincoln Investment Planning LLC for their generous donations – it’s all about community support during these challenging times!!
- July 2020 – Amazing thanks to Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Luke Lutheran Church for their continued support of T&E Care.
- July 2020 – Thanks to all for their donations to the annual School Supply Drive! Special thanks to the Moms Club of T/E and Wegmans (Malvern).
- July 2020 – A huge shout out to the IGN Foundation for their remarkable support of T&E Care these past few years.
- June 2020 – Thanks to great generosity from the Philadelphia Foundation which made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic:
- June 2020 – Thanks to FLITE for covering the Computers for Kids costs so we could get new laptops for 10 students going to college.
- May 2020 – Thanks to Junior Capers, Moms Club of Tredyffrin Easttown, and Fox & Roach/Trident Charities for making donations to T&E Care during the pandemic.
- May 2020 – Thanks to an amazing partnership with Globus Medical which made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic:
- April 2020 – Thanks to the Connelly Foundation for allowing a trustee-sponsored donation to T&E Care.
- April 2020 – Thanks to St. Luke Lutheran Church for a donation as the result of a holiday program in 2019.
- April 2020 – Thanks to T/E Middle School’s PTO who have made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic.
- April 2020 – Thanks to all the local businesses and organizations who made donations to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic: Stillwater Capital Advisors, ARR Counseling, John H Ansley Inc, Commit to Kind, Junior Capers, and Luzerne Music Center, Inc.
- March 2020 – Thanks to St. Luke, United Church of Christ, and The Baptist Church in the Great Valley for hosting the 2019 Alternative Gift Market and allowing T&E Care to be one of the recipients of their support.
- March 2020 – Thanks to all the local businesses who have made donations to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic: Pergamon Prints, Sweet Pose LLC, and Databanx.
- March 2020 – Thanks to Valley Forge Middle School and Hillside for their recent donations to T&E Care. It’s great to know that the PTOs support our efforts!
- March 2020 – Thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for supporting T&E Care with their Alternative Gift Program.
- February 2020 – a HUGE shout out to Corporate Business Solutions America Inc. for offering a great donation that we will use to get laptops for college students. We will use some of this to support some of our pending college graduates so they can get off to a great start on their new adventure.
- February 2020 – Really special thanks to the Upper Main Line Rotary for their ongoing support of T&E Care.
- February 2020 – Thanks to the Old State Road Book Club for their recent support of T&E Care.
- January 2020 – A big WOW and thanks to the folks at Clifton Larson Allen LLP for including T&E Care in their annual fund raising drive. What a special treat to get this support!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.