T&E Care is all about investing in our community!
HOLIDAY DRIVE 2019
The weather outside is chilly – so it must be time for the 2019 Holiday Drive. We are all finished with donations and thanks again to the generosity of the community – we met our goal!!! This is one of the most special events of the year. Check our Holiday Drive 2019 page for the details. Contact us if you’d like to get more information about the program.
Special Holiday Dinners 2019
Again this year, on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (November 27), T&E Care volunteers will be preparing Thanksgiving dinners for ten local families. These are families who really struggle and we like to help them know that they can be thankful they live in T/E!! Thanks to so many wonderful offers of support, we no longer need any help cooking or with food donations. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or if you might have for this event.
The link is now ready for assistance for our December Holiday Food Drive, to be held on Dec. 19 and 20. This is just a food drive for the holiday dinners – we do not cook for this event. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
More details on both programs can be found on our Special Dinner website page.
NOVEMBER 9, 2019 – FALL FEST WRAP UP
Another Fall Fest is behind us – and what a night it was. Thanks to so many people for sponsoring us, for donating auction and raffle prizes, for making general donations, for giving us great deals on the desserts and the decorations, for coming to the event and for donating their time and talent to prepare for the event. What a team effort! Please take the time to read the entire wrap up and to learn about the John Dautrich Hero Fund – a new T&E Care fund created to honor Jump. The event tributes to Jump, for his dedicated charitable service to T&E Care and the community, were incredibly special.
Thanks again to Cindy Brauer and her Mojo Fitness crew for an amazing hour of exercise, dance, and fun on Saturday, Nov. 30. It was a great way to burn off the calories added due to the pumpkin pie and other yummy Thanksgiving food treats! Over 50 folks went to the Main Line Sports Center from 9:30-1030 to dance away those calories, and to make a donation to T&E Care at the same time. Almost $800 was raised through this event! Hooray! If you are interested in trying out Mojo Fitness – it is a boutique dance fitness regimen designed to tone muscle and torch fat simultaneously.
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- November 2019 – Thanks to FLITE (the local education foundation) for agreeing to once again fund the Computers for Kids program for the 2019/2020 school year. This will allow us to prepare refurbished computers as well as provide new laptops for some of the college-bound students we are supporting.
- November 2019 – a HUGE shout out to a local foundation for once again recognizing our efforts with a very nice grant. We are most appreciative of this support.
- October 2019 – Thanks to the Vanguard Group Foundation for again recognizing T&E Care in their Vanguard Hometown Grants program. What a huge vote of confidence in what we do.
- October 2019 – Thanks to all those who participated in the Blue Horse Leggings Event this past October 6 at Dana Zdancewicz’s – we are very excited to receive this support from this special event!
- October 2019 – Special thanks to St. Luke Church for a wonderful recent donation from their Social Ministry outreach mission. St. Luke is an amazing partner – we can’t thank them enough for their continued support.
- October 2019 – Hats off to the folks at Berkshire Hathaway’s Devon office for their recent Annual Charity Day efforts. The volunteers did a lot of different projects around the community – including two big ones for T&E Care. It’s really great to have this assistance and partnership.
- October 2019 – Thanks to the Glenhardie Ladies Golf Association and to the Glen Valley Garden Club. These two groups recently made donations to T&E Care – very special indeed!
- August 2019 – thanks to Our Lady of Assumption Church for making a very generous donation to T&E Care. We much appreciate this support!
- July 2019 – Thanks to the additional organizations that donated to our 2019 School Supply Drive: Wegmans (Malvern) and USLI Care2Fund. Special thanks as well to Play It Again Sports and the Tredyffrin Library for hosting our drop off locations, and to Conestoga HS and the district custodial staff for helping with sorting day.
- July 2019 – Many thanks for the recent Beaumont ES donation for the School Supply Drive – it is always a treat to have such support from the local schools and PTOs!
- July 2019 – A huge thanks to CCRES (Chester County Regional Educational Services) for again approving us for a grant to support our College Assistance Program.
- July 2019 – An amazing thanks to the IGN Foundation for sending us a very generous donation in support of the families we assist.
- June 2019 – Thanks for the continued support of the Chester County Community Foundation/REMAX Main Line Charitable Foundation for helping with the annual School Supply Drive.
- June 2019 – Thanks always to FLITE for the wonderful donation in support of our College Assistance Program – they help to fund the computers that are purchased for the students we support.
- May 2019 – Thanks again to the families and students of New Eagle Elementary School for supporting T&E Care in its annual Fun Run.
- April 2019: Thanks to St. Matthews United Methodist Church for hosting our annual clothing drive, to the TESD schools and Tredyffrin and Easttown Libraries for hosting our collection sites, and to ALL the groups and businesses who lent a hand in this entire effort. A special shout out to Jimmy Johns (King of Prussia), Coal Fired Pizza (Chesterbrook), Panera, Trader Joes, and Starbucks (Gateway) and Elegance (Paoli) for donating food for the volunteers! With all the sorting this was a huge help!
- April 2019: The Connelly Foundation made a donor advised donation to T&E Care which is always appreciated.
- April 2019: The Planned Giving Circle chose T&E Care as one of its recipients this year – we were MOST appreciative of this special recognition.
- March 2019 – the Good Sports of Wayne have come through again! Thanks so much for their amazing support!
- February 2019 – a big shout out to the Upper Main Line Rotary for once again supporting our efforts with their donation. Huge thanks!
- February 2019 – Thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for including us in their holiday Alternative Gift Program. We appreciate this support!
- February 2019 – Thanks to St. John’s Presbyterian Church for helping out with another donation to our programs.
- January 2019 – VERY special thanks to the Fox & Roach/Trident Charities, the Thornedge Foundation, the Baptist Church of the Great Valley, Frazer Mennonite Church, St. Luke Lutheran Church, and a local book group – all of whom made recent donations of one type or another to T&E Care. We value these partnerships and always appreciate this amazing support.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.