T&E Care is all about investing in our community!
Holiday Drive 2020
It’s now time for the annual T&E Care Holiday Drive! It will look VERY different this year, due to the various crowd and shopping restrictions. But we are still hoping to support our neighbors. The Sign Up Genius Wish Lists are posted now though December 4. Deliveries will be on December 5 and 6. Check out the Holiday Drive website page for all the details. THANKS as always for any support you can offer.
Pre-Turkey Burn for T&E Care with Mojo Fitness
Get ready for the 8th annual Mojo Turkey Burn, scheduled to be held on November 21, 2020. This is a popular event bringing together lots of folks with good exercise, and all proceeds go to T&E Care. The event runs $10/person. But like everything else these days – some changes will occur due to Covid. The event will not take place the weekend after Thanksgiving to burn off the calories from the pies. Instead this year it will be a pre-turkey burn on THE SATURDAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING so you can prepare to eat those calories!! (Don’t tell Cindy we are giving you permission to eat that pie!) If the weather cooperates the event will take place at 10:00 at the Wilson Farm Park amphitheater. There is plenty of room outside for social distancing. If it’s too cold it may be taken indoors to Main Line Sports Center (1340 Swedesford Road, Berwyn). It’s a HUGE facility with ample room for social distancing (15 feet or more). Check out Mojo Fitness to confirm location prior to the event. You can also sign up for online classes on the website as well! Thanks as always to Cindy Brauer for holding this event for T&E Care!!!
Holiday Dinners Outreach Program
Again this year T&E Care will be providing all the food needed for holiday dinners (and more) for 10 local families. If you’d like to participate in this outreach program, please check out our website page for more details and the Sign up Genius link. Thanks so much as always for your support!
Thanksgiving Outreach 2020
This year’s Thanksgiving Dinner Outreach program is all finished gathering sponsors. Dinners will be distributed next week to the ten families being supported. THANKS to all who are helping to make this happen!!! For more details about this program, please see our Special Dinners website page.
The 2020 Fall Fest
The 2020 Fall Fest, Day of Impact, is now history. What an amazing change it was, going from a live event to a virtual one. The videos that were produced throughout the month, and the various social media posts were such fun. And on Friday, October 23 we featured a video showing the community the true impact of your donations and support each year. That video was followed by the raffle ticket drawings. Paoli Hospital was our host for the drawings, and Bob Kelly, from Fox 29 News, was our amazing emcee. Check our Fall Fest page to see the video and other Day of Impact updates. And as always – THANKS for your amazing support!
Shop local … Eat at home …. Support T&E Care
Tasty Table Market and Catering in Berwyn hosted a fund raiser for T&E Care on Nov. 18, 2020. It was a great opportunity to order dinner, then warm it up in the comfort and safety of your home, all while 20% of the proceeds went to T&E Care. Those who ordered said that the food was DELICIOUS!!!! Thanks so very much to Tasty Table for supporting our organization with this yummy treat!
Nothing Bundt Cake yummy event
Thanks again to Erin and Mike Shine, the owners of Nothing Bundt Cakes in the Gateway Shopping Center, for partnering with T&E Care as they celebrated their 2nd anniversary of the store. When they opened the store in 2018 they hosted a “give back” day for T&E Care – which was such fun for us! They did this again on Friday, October 16, 2020, where 10% of any purchases went to T&E Care! We thank all those who indulged in the yummy cakes to support this special event. And thanks to the Shines for their continued generosity to this community!
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- October 2020 – Many thanks to the The W.W. Smith Charitable Trust for approving our grant to help cover some of the costs of our Home & Hearth Program. This partnership is huge in our efforts to keep families safe and in their homes.
- September 2020 – Thanks to Governanti Solutions LLC and the S.M.A.C.K. Honey family for amazing donations to T&E Care.
- August 2020 – Thanks to Providence Consulting Group for donating 5 laptops to T&E Care.
- August 2020 – Thanks to ARR Counseling and Lincoln Investment Planning LLC for their generous donations – it’s all about community support during these challenging times!!
- July 2020 – Amazing thanks to Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Luke Lutheran Church for their continued support of T&E Care.
- July 2020 – Thanks to all for their donations to the annual School Supply Drive! Special thanks to the Moms Club of T/E and Wegmans (Malvern).
- July 2020 – A huge shout out to the IGN Foundation for their remarkable support of T&E Care these past few years.
- June 2020 – Thanks to great generosity from the Philadelphia Foundation which made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic:
- June 2020 – Thanks to FLITE for covering the Computers for Kids costs so we could get new laptops for 10 students going to college.
- May 2020 – Thanks to Junior Capers, Moms Club of Tredyffrin Easttown, and Fox & Roach/Trident Charities for making donations to T&E Care during the pandemic.
- May 2020 – Thanks to an amazing partnership with Globus Medical which made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic:
- April 2020 – Thanks to the Connelly Foundation for allowing a trustee-sponsored donation to T&E Care.
- April 2020 – Thanks to St. Luke Lutheran Church for a donation as the result of a holiday program in 2019.
- April 2020 – Thanks to T/E Middle School’s PTO who have made a donation to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic.
- April 2020 – Thanks to all the local businesses and organizations who made donations to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic: Stillwater Capital Advisors, ARR Counseling, John H Ansley Inc, Commit to Kind, Junior Capers, and Luzerne Music Center, Inc.
- March 2020 – Thanks to St. Luke, United Church of Christ, and The Baptist Church in the Great Valley for hosting the 2019 Alternative Gift Market and allowing T&E Care to be one of the recipients of their support.
- March 2020 – Thanks to all the local businesses who have made donations to T&E Care during the coronavirus pandemic: Pergamon Prints, Sweet Pose LLC, and Databanx.
- March 2020 – Thanks to Valley Forge Middle School and Hillside for their recent donations to T&E Care. It’s great to know that the PTOs support our efforts!
- March 2020 – Thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for supporting T&E Care with their Alternative Gift Program.
- February 2020 – a HUGE shout out to Corporate Business Solutions America Inc. for offering a great donation that we will use to get laptops for college students. We will use some of this to support some of our pending college graduates so they can get off to a great start on their new adventure.
- February 2020 – Really special thanks to the Upper Main Line Rotary for their ongoing support of T&E Care.
- February 2020 – Thanks to the Old State Road Book Club for their recent support of T&E Care.
- January 2020 – A big WOW and thanks to the folks at Clifton Larson Allen LLP for including T&E Care in their annual fund raising drive. What a special treat to get this support!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.