Donating Food & Gift Gards
Many local families have ongoing needs for food. Local food pantries can help supply canned and boxed items, but do not have the facilities to offer fresh fruits & vegetables, meat, eggs, milk, dairy or similar foods that are important to a healthy diet. Occasionally, T&E Care runs a food drive. If you are on the email list (click here to sign up) you will be notified of these drives. In the meantime T&E Care can always use gift cards to ACME, Wegman’s, Giant, Trader Joes, Target or Walmart which we can give to families in need.
Gift cards can be mailed to: T&E Care, PO Box 2111, Southeastern, PA 19399
Other Options for Donating Food
If you have food items to donate and we are not currently running a drive, below are some options. Please remember there is no refrigeration at these pantries so they can NOT accept milk, eggs, meat, fresh fruits/vegetables, bread, etc. Canned and boxed items are best: peanut butter/jelly, cereal/oatmeal, pasta/rice, spaghetti sauces, canned vegetables/fruits, canned beans, canned meats (tuna, chicken, sloppy joe), juices, soup, etc. Diapers, paper products, personal care products and cleaning supplies are also helpful items to donate to the pantries.
- Wayne United Methodist Church (210 S South Wayne Ave, Wayne). Donations may be dropped off during office hours, M-Th 8:30 – 3 and F 8:30 – 12. Visit the website or call 610-688-5650 for details.
The following are member agencies of the Chester County Food Bank.
- The Great Valley Food Cupboard at the Baptist Church in the Great Valley (945 N. Valley Forge Rd, Devon). Visit the website or call 610-688-5445 for details.
- Church of the Good Samaritan Food Closet (212 W Lancaster Ave, Paoli). Visit the website or call 610-644-4040 for details.
- Paoli Presbyterian Church Food Closet (225 S Valley Rd, Paoli). Visit the website (click Serve, Local Mission) or call 610-644-8250 for details.
- Trinity Presbyterian Church Caring Cupboard (640 Berwyn Ave, Berwyn). Call 610-644-0932 to arrange a time for drop-off.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need who live in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.