The Sign Up Genius link is ready for our Kids’ Clothing Drive! Sign up now if you have clothes to donate that would match some of these requests! Remember these notes:
- We are collecting gift cards as well in case you want to participate but you have no clothes to offer.
- There are different tabs for different sizes/genders, and a different tab just for gift cards.
- More than one person can donate to a child – you’ll see that on the link.
- We are NOT collecting random bags of clothes this year, as we had in the past.
- All donations should be dropped off at the TESD Maintenance Building at 920 Old Lancaster Road between 8am-11am on Saturday, April 24th.
CLICK HERE to sign up to donate some clothes or gift cards. IMPORTANT to remember: the number next to a clothing item is for the number of DONORS, not the number of items! We want to give each child lots of options!
Kids’ Clothing Event 2021 – The Plan
Not surprisingly, Covid is impacting our normal Kids’ Clothing Event again this year – but the committee is hard at work coming up with an alternate plan. As we firm up details, we’ll include them here – but for now here are the basics:
- On Saturday, April 24, we will hold a one-day event!
- All donated clothes will be dropped off at the TESD Maintenance Building – 920 Old Lancaster Rd, in Berwyn (next to T/E Middle School) between 8-11 in the morning. Participating families will come in the afternoon to pick up their clothing bags.
- We are NOT collecting random bags of clothes like we have in the past. There is no easy way to sort them. Instead, from March 15-April 18 there will be a Sign Up Genius that includes very detailed requests from local families – including gender, sizes, and specific clothing needs. These dates will overlap Spring Break and hopefully give everyone plenty of time to sort through their clothes to see if they can find items to match the specific requests.
- If you find any matches – then you would sign up to donate those items. All requests will be made by number (ie: family 1, child A), and the donor is being asked to bag the items together for each child being supported. (ie: all 1A clothes in one bag, all 3C clothes in another bag, etc.)
- Please make every effort to be there on the morning of the 24th to drop off your clothes, but ii you can’t come, then we will make arrangements to get them in advance. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make those arrangements.
- If there are kids who aren’t supported by donations, then we’ll offer them some gift cards to help out instead. So we will be requesting a few gift cards to have as back ups. These will also be on the Sign Up Genius list.
- You are welcome to buy new items if desired to match a request, but that is not an expectation! Gently used clothes would be fine as long as they are not ripped, stained, or inappropriate in some way.
- No underwear, socks, or bathing suits can be donated unless they are new and properly packaged.
- Please wash all donated items in advance if possible.
Questions should be sent to email@example.com.
A few final reminders.
If your child donates an item that is a bit “obvious” and then sees a student wearing that item, nothing should be said. These are our neighbors and asking for help is never easy. Let’s make sure we treat everyone with dignity in this drive. That includes not donating items that:
- have an obvious stain, are ripped, or badly frayed
- have inappropriate logos or wording
- are old and clearly worn (clearly junk)
- are t-shirts with include logos from your kids camps or youth sports or your vacation outing
- have any safety hazards
If you’d like to get involved in this year’s clothing drive – let us know! There won’t be as many needs this year as we aren’t sorting clothes like in the past. But we may be able to use your help, so just let us know.
Chris Wells – chair
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.