The 2020 KIDS’ CLOTHING EVENT
IT’S TIME TO START TO SORT YOUR UNNEEDED KIDS’ CLOTHES
The 2020 Kids’ Clothing Event will be here before we know it. We will again be holding the event at St. Matthews United Methodist Church – 600 Walker Rd., Wayne. The dates this year will be:
- Public collections: March 11-20 – all T/E School District Schools and the Easttown or Tredyffrin Libraries (during working hours only). (Please note this does NOT include the Paoli Library.)
- Sorting: March 24-26 at the church
- The event itself: Thursday afternoon/evening, March 26 (4-7:30) and Friday morning, March 27 (9-12)
For the event itself – it is open to the entire community. We provide the bags – and you are welcome to come fill a bag (or more than one bag)! We ask for a suggestion donation of $10/bag, but are open to whatever your budget allows. This is a fund raiser for T&E Care, but our goal is also to help out anyone from our community who needs clothes.
If you have any questions about this event feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Special Notes on the Kids’ Clothing Event
We are looking for new or gently used clothing, coats, hats/gloves, boots/shoes, etc. for infants through teens. Teen girls clothes are helpful for our Pop-Up Shop.
We love TESD-related items such as gym shorts or spirit wear (as long as your child’s name is not written on it). We are also happy with college-related items such as sweatpants, shirts, or sweatshirts.
It’s helpful if you can:
- wash your items before donating them
- rubber band (or tie) shoes together
- pin together any matched outfits like PJs, infant outfits, etc.
Please keep in mind that we do not accept:
- clothing that has an obvious stain, is ripped, or badly frayed
- clothing that has an inappropriate logo or wording
- clothing that is old and clearly worn (clearly junk)
- t-shirts that include logos from camps or youth sports or your vacation outing
- bathing suits, underwear, or socks (unless clearly new, with tags)
- clothing that has any safety hazards
Please note: Any clothing left at the end of our event will be donated to Cradles to Crayons, another important non-profit that will allow our leftovers to help out even more kids.
If you’d like to get involved in this year’s clothing drive – let us know! This is always an opportunity for LOTS of volunteer assistance! And it’s fun, too!
Lisa Davis – chair
Chris Wells – co-chair
Carol Tompkins – volunteers
Jacqui Cosgrove – co-chair, volunteers
Amanda Ivory – donations
Jeanette Alwine – church set up, clothing racks
Stacy Stone – store posters
Karen Cruickshank – street signs
Karen Celebuski – pod
Jennifer Arnott – church liaison
Our 2020 School coordinators:
BES – Patty Neeb and Auste Joost
DES – Kirstin Morris and Tara Donnelly
HES – Kirsten MacFarland & Christina Arnault
NEES – Laura Serinsky and Bryn Arata
VFES – Amanda Miller and Kim Jamme
VFMS – Danyll Lockett, Gloria Lopez, Bernie Logan, Amanda Ivory
TEMS – Nadia Gerard, Beth Breault, Jodi DePhillipo
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.