Donating Furniture, Appliance & Household Items
Occasionally T&E Care receives requests from families for furniture, appliances, and other household items. Sometimes these items aren’t critical, but would help the family be more comfortable. For example, they could manage without a clothes washer and go to the laundromat except they don’t have a car. When we learn of such requests, we post them on the home page. Please be sure the items are clean, in good condition and work. New items are always appreciated.
T&E Care has no storage facility. If we don’t have any current requests and you need to get rid of your items quickly consider using one of the options listed below. If you aren’t in a rush please send information about your items to firstname.lastname@example.org including general description (i.e. gray couch, 3 drawer dresser), dimensions, and if possible a picture. We will circulate that info and see if anyone has a need. If you can store the item yourself we will get back to you when/if someone needs your item.
Most often requested items: vertical dressers, small desks, end tables, lamps.
Other Options for Donating Furniture, Appliance & Household Items
If you have furniture or appliance items to donate, we have no corresponding needs and you are not able to store it yourself until a need arises, there are other options. Except for recycling, please make sure items are clean, in good condition and work.
- Community Warehouse Project of Chester County – holds a furniture collection day every third Saturday of the month at the CWP Warehouse in West Chester. For more details go to the CWP website. Questions call 484-473-4360.
- To recycle an appliance PECO offers recycling of refrigerators, freezers and room air conditioners. They will pick up your item for free as well as pay you a rebate. Visit the website or call 888-5-PECO-SAVE for details.
- For smaller appliances, household items and furniture, Free Store located in Media. You need to deliver the items to their store. Visit the website for details.
- For appliances, cabinets, building materials and the like, Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Coatesville. You can deliver the items to the ReStore or they will pick up larger items for free. Visit the website or call 610-466-1890 for details.
- For furniture, Paoli Presbyterian Church’s Furniture Ministry. They will pick up gently used furniture on Wednesday evenings. Visit the website, click Serve, Local Mission, for information or call the church at 610-644-8250 to schedule an appointment for pick-up (they generally need a month lead time).
- For furniture, clothing, toys, sporting goods and books, St. David’s Episcopal Church in Wayne. Their annual country fair & auction is the first Saturday in October, the best time to donate is in August and September. Visit the website or call 610-688-7947 for details.
- For furniture, clothes, appliance, etc. Second Mile Center in Philadelphia. They will pick up items and usually need a couple weeks lead time. Call 215-662-1663 for details.
- For furniture, Home Furnishing Consignment in Gateway Shopping Center. You can consign your furniture which you can deliver or they will pick up for a fee. Visit the website or call 610-964-1903 for details.
- For clothing furniture, appliances, household items, etc., Impact Thrift Store in Norristown. You can deliver to the store or they offer free pick up for large items. Visit the website or call 610-239-9848 for details.
- For clothing, household items, small appliances, electronics and sporting goods, Green Drop. They have been selected by the American Red Cross, Military Order of the Purple Heart, National Federation of the Blind and St. Vincent de Paul of Philadelphia to raise funds from donated items. There are a number of drop off locations in the area including Paoli, Frazer and Newtown Square. You can drop items off at their locations or schedule a pick up. Visit the website or call 1-888-944-3767 for details.
- For clothing, household items, electronics, Goodwill. There are a number of locations in the area including Berwyn 610-981-4391 and Frazer 610-647-2740. You need to deliver items to the donation site (store or boxes). Visit the website or call a local store for details.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.