Many Thanks From Families Supported
by the T&E Care Community
Now and then community members ask us to give some information about some of the families our group has supported. Because these families are our neighbors, we respect their interest in confidentiality. However, when we receive words of thanks from a family we’ve supported we’ll post them here. This way you can easily check out to see that your donations really are appreciated. We’ll keep updating as we get additional notes. Note: All notes are edited only to remove names and any identifying comments.
WORDS OF CARE 2018
- December 2018 – after our holiday drive: I just want to take this opportunity to thank you and everyone involved in the holiday gift drive.I can’t believe the amount of generosity. My cupboards have never been full before, and I am eternally grateful. It wasn’t easy leaving my marriage, but I finally found the strength to do so. It hasn’t been easy living paycheck to paycheck. Having received such wonderful gifts has allowed me to save money on all those essential living items. I never splurge on treats and seeing my son devour the cookies in a single sitting, made me remember how much he loved them. I could go on and on for each and every item delivered. Please know that I am truly thankful and will let nothing go to waste. Kindly express my gratitude to everyone involved. My prayers go out that each and every one of you to have the merriest of Christmases ever!
- December 2018 – after our holiday drive: I wanted to send you a quick message to thank you for the delivery. My family and I really appreciate all of your help. If there’s anything I can do in return, please do not hesitate to contact me. God bless you and happy holidays to you. Thank you sincerely.
- December 2018 – after our holiday drive: I can’t express my gratitude for the gifts we received today. I shed tears of joy and gratitude when opened the “happy holidays” envelope and bags with gifts. We have never received so many gifts for past couple years. I believe in miracles and T&E care with its wonderful sponsors and volunteers are the evidence that miracles happen and that our world is full of kind and incredibly generous people. Just yesterday night, I was thinking about what to shrink and where to trim this month in order to buy winter boots for my daughter and car seat for my baby boy, since my friend, who gave me her car seat to use, just had her own newborn recently). And ta da…I was astonished by so many gifts delivered to us today!!!! I am literally dancing all day long today! Ohh… and those delicious cookies, my daughter sang all evening “ they are my most favorite cookies in the world ”. (She didn’t see the beautifully packed gifts for her yet. I will be putting them under the tree on Christmas eve.) This year was one of the hardest, because I lost the apartment of my dear departed parents, but at the same time one of the happiest years with the birth of my second child. I am so lucky that I relocated to this area. T&E care and it’s supporters are the great example how we should raise our children and I wish we can help someone one day like you do for so many families. Thank you so much for making our holiday season so magical. And I wish everyone a lot of health, happiness and miracles in their lives! Happy holidays
- December 2018 – sent to the driver who delivered the holiday drive gifts: I just wanted to send you another thank you for what you did for me and my daughter. You are such a wonderful person. God Bless You!
- November 2018 – After our Thanksgiving dinner program a mom said: Wow! what an incredible amount of food! I’m beyond thankful for the tremendous generosity and efforts of everyone involved! Please pass along how much this means to me and my family!
- November 2018 – a note of thanks at Thanksgiving – I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all (the entire T E Care team) for your support. The monetary support, meals/food, grocery, resources, emotional help, car, rent, bills ….the list goes on. All of this took a lot of stress off of me. It helped me stand up and take time and figure out what our life is going to be and how I can navigate through daily challenges. I am not sure how we would have been able to make it through this trying time without the help from friends like you. I really value your friendship, and I’m so grateful to have you our my life. I would also like to add that these words are not enough to thank for what you all have given to us in physical and non-physical form. I pray to god to give more people like you to society for all of us to live happy and secure.
- October 2018 – after offering holiday assistance to a family we were told: Our family can be removed from your list. As a matter of fact- I would like to shop for a family. I’m sure you get many happy endings with all of the great work you do! Through my divorce I was forced to close a business and could barely make ends meet but keeping my kids in the family home in this amazing school district was top priority. As I struggled to get my head above water the kids really never knew… thanks to you they had school supplies on the first day of school, and they went to camp and had warm winter clothes and much more! Thank you for getting us through the really rough times! Now it’s our time to help others! What you do is amazing!!!! I thank God for the struggles because now I truly appreciate the easy days!
- October 2018 – after paying a rent bill and making a car payment for a mom who is out of work – Thank you so much ☺️ Words cannot express how grateful I am for the help your organization have given my family. Thank you, thank you, thank you 🙏🏻
- October 2018 – we recently worked with a mom to help purchase a “new” used car. After saving for over a year and then with our support we could get her a decent car. She said, To everyone involved from TE Care: Previously I had lost my car – I went to school to be an RN and made it through to clinicals and then I got sick with Lyme Disease. I am going to now try to go back and finish up, everyone I am around says you need to go back you know so much. That’s my goal. I am sooooo happy that the board members could help me purchase a car that is suitable and very capable of helping me continue to work and take care of my family and later try to return to school. God is good in every way and he provides! Thanks again – rest assured you are helping change lives and when I’m able I will give back!
- September 2018 – from a student supported with our college program: Thank you so much for all of the support you have given me this year & in previous years. I honestly do not know what my mother and I would do without your generosity. Thank you so much!
- September 2018 – from a student supported with our college program: Thank you so much for the textbooks check, My parents told me that they received the check in the mail. It is hard to put in words how much I am thankful for everything.
- August 2018 – after the school supply drive: I just wanted to send a thank you to T/E Cares for helping us buy the school supplies that is needed for my daughter this school year. The gift cards included were so generous. We are so blessed to living in a community that gives back as much as ours does. I can not thank you again for all that T/E Cares has helped my family out with over the past few years. It is GREATLY appreciated! My daughter is looking forward to a great school year. Enjoy the rest of summer 🙂
- August 2018 – after summer camp assistance – My children enjoyed to attend the camp. Thank you so much!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My son has a wonderful experience at boy scout camp. Thank you and T&E Care for all that you do!!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My son had a wonderful time at Red Buffalo Camp. He had a horse for two weeks; He was thrilled to be there and see his horse every day and take care of him and learned to ride. It was wonderful to visit him on parent evening and see how comfortable he was around the horses. He had an overnight where each tent was named after a state. Thank you so much for helping him to go there.
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – Let me start by saying thanks for everything, t&e care has been a blessing! My children had the best time at camp. They made lots of friends and memories. We really appreciate everyone’s time and effort to make this camp experience one to remember. Looking forward to next year!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My son had a wonderful time at Future Stars as always. The new location was great and convenient. He had the opportunity to make new friends and had some friends attend from his school. The summer ended quickly and back to school is around the corner.
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – Thank you! The kids have one more week of camp left. They love ymca. it’s a great help from t e care that I was able to pay a portion of it. Appreciate all the help and support.
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – Thank you so much – my children loved going to the YMCA tracks and Trails camp this year…. It was by far their favorite camp this summer!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My daughter LOVED her camp! It is such a positive learning experience for the kids and teaches them kindness, tolerance, and acceptance. Thanks so much to T&E Cares for making this possible! We really appreciate it!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – Thank you so much for letting my daughter experience camp this summer. Since I had surgery, it gave her an opportunity to have time with friends and enjoy Umly.
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My daughter had a great time at Center on Central! Thank you for offering the assistance. I am very grateful for the help!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My son attended overnight Boy Scout camp. It is the highlight of his summer. It is tons of fun and adventure, but they also work toward achievement badges, are expected to be disciplined and helpful. We can’t thank you enough!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – Camp was great, thank you so much. I couldn’t have afforded camp otherwise this summer. What a blessing.
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My son enjoy the lax camp very much! he was able to meet kids in the area learn some lax skills and have fun! Many thanks to T&E Care for making this happen for my child!
- August 2018 – from a dad after the delivery of school supplies: Thank you very much! We appreciate all that you guys do, have a great rest of the summer.
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – Camp was terrific! My son had a great summer attending camp at the YMCA. His last day at camp is this coming Thursday and he is looking forward to returning to elementary school to see all of his friends as well as make new ones. We are very excited about First Grade! Thank you and T&E Care for your help with making camp possible for my son this summer! As a single mom on a limited income, it is very stressful and challenging at times figuring out how I am going to make it all work. T&E is such a blessing and wonderful organization for parents like me and I am so grateful for all that you do for us.
- August 2018 – after a single mom got school supplies: I just wanted to send a thank you for helping with organizing the school supplies for my daughter. I can not begin to explain how grateful we are for the assistance from T/E cares. We are so lucky to live in a community that gives back as much as ours does! My daughter is really looking forward to a great year in school. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – Camp was AMAZING! Thank you for all your organization does.
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My oldest did Girl scout camp and loved the horse part. Very interested in volunteering with an equestrian center now, and had a great week away! My middle and youngest both did the UMLY- which is always nice as it gives them interaction with others and a great chance to cool off and swim! My daughter did dance and my son did a community habitat program which he enjoyed thoroughly! Thank you for your commitment to this program!
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – The camp was amazing!!! My daughter learned ice skating so good and the rest of the summer she remembered those bright moments of the time she spent at camp and had begging about going there again.
- August 2018 after summer camp assistance – My son really did enjoy his time at The YMCA. Thank you for helping him with this experience.
- August 2018 – after a college student received extra support for doing very well in school: My family and I are so incredibly grateful that you proposed us for additional assistance to your board. Please know your thoughtfulness and support do not go unrecognized. We are well aware you made intentional efforts to make this happen for us. I can promise you my hardest work and continued improvement as a return for your investment.
- July 2018 – after connecting with a college student who has received support in his journey – I will never have enough words to thank you for all the help and support that has always been there for me and my family. You guys have definitely made a change in my life and have given me a lot of opportunities to succeed. Moreover, I couldn’t be where I am without your aid. Once again, thank you so much for your kind heart and your selfless service.
- July 2018 – after working with a Conestoga student in preparation for college – Thank you for the opportunity of T&E Care. To know that in college I have someone looking out for me and to support and guide me through the process is a great blessing. I know the road ahead will only get harder and harder, but to know I have support makes me want to give it my all!
- June 2018 – after offering support to a student in college: Thank you for so much guidance from high school through college. Having 1st generation parents, it was very hard to understand the American college system and process. T&E Care has been so supportive and truly I couldn’t have done it this smoothly without your help. I really appreciate that you guys have this program to help kids with dreams like me.
- March 2018 – after paying a rent bill: I want you and TE care board of directors to known you are doing a great work for those in need. You save me from the street or from living in an uncomfortable condition. I feel so honored that you believe in me, that trust you all have is phenomenal. I appreciate what you have done for me and what you are doing for others. Thank you and the board for paying my rent. God continue to bless you all so that you can be a blessing to whoever you are to help. I also thank my pastor for telling me about you.
- February 2018 – after helping with the inspection and car repair for a single mom: The car company completed my car yesterday, I appreciate all ur organization has done for me and my daughter. I will be starting work Monday. So happy and lucky. God Bless u and the family.
- February 2018 – after paying the back rent for someone facing eviction – Thank you so much – God bless you and God bless this TECare, and anything ,anything that I can do to be a blessing to you all – thank you – thank you so very much and I just don’t know how to begin to thank you – I just don’t know but thank you and the rest of the board.
- January 2018 – from a mom after the holidays: I just wanted to thank this organization for all the generosity, the outreach, care, dedication and commitment that you continue to provide to my family. Words can’t express how much this community have reached out and helped me over and over again. It warms my heart to know that people are so caring about others. If I had 1,000 tongues, I couldn’t thank you enough for all you have done and will continue to do for my family and others. Everyone has been so awesome and wonderful. I am truly blessed and highly favored. THANK YOU ALL!!!
Words of Care 2017
- December 2017 – from a college student after the holiday drive: I can not thank you enough for everything you have done for me and my family. You have been a great support system. You have done so much for me and have been so kind. I love my college. My program is the best fit for me. It has been a great way for me to really connect with people and meet new people. I am planning to start joining clubs and activities. I want to thank you again for Christmas this year. It was so generous. I really appreciate it. I appreciate how big your heart is.
- December 2017 – after the holiday drive: I just wanted to say THANK YOU! to T/E Cares for the many thoughtful gifts that the T/E Elves dropped off for us for the Holidays. I felt hit by Xmas on their arrival! We started to enjoy items immediately: On Thursday, I hid all the kids Holiday presents. And put away groceries. 🙂 On next 2 Friday afternoons xxx shared cookies and crackers with his friends that he was hosting here on Friday. The support to help him be social is greatly appreciated. 🙂 XXX enjoyed helping me make mashed potatoes with veggies for dinner that night; we will make lasagna later this week. On Saturday I did some non-toxic cleaning w Method cleaners—greatly appreciate the non toxic items for me and kids. I gave your gifts to kids for both Hanuakah and Xmas (we celebrate both). PJs were a surprise hit for both kids. XXX loved the science gifts and started experiments immediately. Both kids were thrilled with the special D&D and Batman Legos picked out for them. The divided plates are perfect and will make dinners here much easier. The gift cards are buying a lot of groceries and necessities. And, a few luxuries: kids LOVE their new fuzzy blankets from Walmart and I got a nightlight. The adorable drawings on some of the packages were lovely. Some pics of Xmas morning below—XXX is wearing the new PJ pants, XXX is performing a science experiment. Thank you particularly for the educational and healthy support that everything you gave us showed—you guys totally made our holidays.
- December 2017 – after the holiday drive: Good morning. I hope you are well and staying warm with this beautiful snowy weather. I cannot thank you and your organization enough for all the gifts and home items for Christmas. We are truly blessed to have a wonderful and thoughtful community. Thank you so much!! Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! God bless you all.
- December 2017 – after the holiday drive: I just wanted to send a thank you for all of your generosity this holiday season. I certainly was not expecting to receive all that we did. I feel so blessed. My words are not enough to express how grateful I am. My daughter will be so happy on Christmas morning thanks to all that you have provided for us. Thank you for thinking of my daughter and I this holiday season. Thank you again so much! Happy holidays.
December 2017 – I am so grateful for all of the gifts you gave us. It was such a blessing. May God bless you and your family forever and ever. My daughter loves her jacket. She told me all the kids at school wear this kind. You were so kind and I had to thank God for you. Thank you for being so kind to us.
- December 2017 – after the holiday drive: I would like to thank you all for being there for me. I know there are many more people behind the scene who is a part of helping me stand up and get through this storm. My heart felt gratitude to all of you. I am not contacting you frequently as you can see I am able to take care of most of the stuffs and I feel much organized and stronger than before. This wouldn’t have happened if all these hands didn’t join together to lift me up. Every day is definitely a struggle and something new to face and challenge. I am trying my best and will do as long as I can. I won’t hesitate to reach out for help and guidance when I don’t know what to do. I really appreciate you all keeping us in thoughts. I will return this favour to people in need in which ever way possible. If you need me to volunteer or be a part of anything please let me know.
- December 2017 – after the holiday drive: Those gifts were amazing and helped me with groceries..gifts..So blessed be in this township. Merry Christmas
- November 2017 – from a student who T&E Care supports on her college journey: Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your days are great, and the food is good! Just wanted to say thank you for your continued help and support these past few months it means a lot! I definitely wouldn’t have made it without. This semester has gone really well so far and my coach gave me a lot of praise. Just wanted to check in, and say thank you on today, as it would be fitting!
- November 2017 – from a single mom after we helped with a few bills: I just wanted to send another thank you. I saw that everything went through with the car insurance, and the car payment. I really appreciate the T/E Care organization helping me out this past month. You have helped me through a difficult time, and I can not thank you enough. I hope you have a Happy
- November 2017 – after paying rent for a family: I cannot begin to thank you and the board for this wonderful gift. I have been so stressed and upset about owing so much rent and with your help and the help of the board, I will be able to catch up. This is an incredible holiday gift I do not take lightly. Please thank the Board for me, I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am!
- October 2017 – from a mom who got 2 refurbished computers – one for herself and one for her elementary aged son: I wanted to thank you so much for the two laptops that you dropped off today!!! I put one computer on my son’s desk upstairs and when he got off the bus I told him to go upstairs and take a look at what’s in his room… There was silence for at least a minute and he started screaming yes yes yes ran down the stairs and jumped on top of me on the sofa. And then he said something funny…… but wait mom does this one work ?? and I said yes it was a gift from some really special caring people.
- September 2017 – after helping someone get books for a nursing program: I want to thank you guys again for your generosity, I know you are investing a lot in my education and I do not take that lightly. I appreciate everything you have done whole heartedly.
- September 2017 – after helping a student with college tuition bills – Thank you so much for all of your help the past couple of years. I honestly couldn’t have done any of it without you. You have done so much for my family. It is greatly appreciated.
- Aug 2017 – after helping a family with camp tuition – I just wanted to say Thank You So Much for your support and T/E Care’s financial assistance to help XXXX this summer. XXXX enjoyed going to Miquon and being in the Miquon play and being outdoors. And I was happy to see XXXX have a caring, supportive, beautiful place to run around outside. Thank you again for helping XXXX to have a fantastic summer.
- Aug 2017 – after helping a student with book money for college – Thank you for your continued financial support. I will be sure to make T/E Cares proud in my academic efforts this semester!
- Aug 2017 – after helping a student with tuition support for the fall semester – Thank you all again for the great work you do and helping students like me succeed. I am very fortunate for you all!
- July 2017 – after paying rent for a family – I would like very much to thank you, sincerely, for your exceptionally generous help. Your gift to my family is one that will not ever be forgotten. I can finally see the light at this very long tunnel, now that I am just a small payment away from being up to date with my rent. I will be current at week’s end and I can honestly say that for the first time in MANY months, I can go to sleep at night stress free. It’s not an easy ordeal being a single parent, and to lose your job and struggle so hard, and to make matters worse, it’s not easy for me to ask for help. I am so grateful that your organization exists and can help be like me, and do so graciously. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
- July 2017 – after helping with camp tuition for a family – Thank you so much, the camp for my children are ready and they are excited, thank you again for your support and for all the people that support this wonderful program, it’s very helpful for our family. thank you and you have a great summer!
- July 2017 – after paying back rent for a family facing eviction: I cannot begin to tell you peace of mind you and the board just gave me! Thank you from the bottom of my heart you please let the board know how much it means to me! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
- June 2017 – after helping a family that tries very hard but got behind on a PECO bill – We are beyond thankful! This is such a big help to our family. This is something that has held us back for the past 3 years and has been hard to resolve with our already tight budget. I would have never imagined this amount of help and we are just forever grateful for this amazing gesture.
June 2017 – from a mom who is moving to start a new career: I want to thank you for all the amazing things you’ve done and assisted with for my family over the years! I’m so excited to start my new journey and continue to grow so that can open my own businesses all over the world. I set out on this journey to help people and I don’t intend to stop! Thanks again to you and T/E Care for everything.
- June 2017 – From a graduating CHS senior who will be getting some support for college through our CAP program: I can’t thank you enough for everything you have done for me so far. You have helped me and my family so much. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you for thinking about me.
- June 2017 – from a mom just thanking us in general: Thank you for all that your organization has done for me and my girls during a tough period and transition in our lives. It has made a world of difference.
- May 2017 – after offering college assistance to an lady who wanted to change her path: I actually had to take a pause after reading your email to let it all sink in…This is absolutely amazing news, you’ve not only managed to make my day, but you have officially made my year! 😊 I would love to be a part of your college assistance program, it is something I definitely need at this time in my life. I believe it will help change my life. Not having to stress and worry so much over tuition bills would be a MAJOR weight off of my shoulders, it will allow more energy and time to be focused on school work and doing well. I can not thank you guys enough for this opportunity! I hope to make you proud!😊
- May 2017 – from a mom with many obstacles facing her right now: Again, I can’t thank you enough for all your support. It made me feel less alone and hopeful for the future.
- May 2017 – from a single lady with a great work ethic that ran into some financial issues: Thanks again for your time today, that meant a great deal to me. I also wanted to thank you for referring me to Carol at the food pantry – she was as amazing as you said and she gave me a lot of great grocery items 😊
- May 2017 – from a college student we support: I received a letter that I was awarded a $3,000 Scholarship from XXX! I am very grateful, as this scholarship will certainly make a difference in my tuition this upcoming year. I wanted to thank you for notifying me about the scholarship and for helping me prepare to submit my application. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much!
- April 2017 – after paying security deposit for a single mom who needed to move: Thank you and the board so much for helping to make this happen. I can not tell you how much I truly appreciate the help and hopefully, this is a fresh start for my children and me for a new, successful life!
- April 2017 – after paying a number of bills for a family that fell on hard times: We are beyond grateful and do indeed have some breathing room. Thank you for you support. We feel optimistic for the first time in a while. Good things await us. Thanks again to all!
- April 2017 – after paying a bill for a single lady: Thanks for your help on these and previous as well! It is not easy for me to ask, so thanks for your consideration and support during this time. My gratitude forever!
March 2017 – from a dad who needed help with transportation costs to get to/from work: Thanks so much, and yes you helped a lot and we again are grateful.
- March 2017 – from a single mom after we helped cover some medical bills: This is amazing! I am in tears! Thank you so so very much from the bottom of my heart! What a blessing.
- February 2017 – from a single mom getting help with her kids: Thank you so much for being there when I was so overwhelmed and my learning curve was great because my husband took care of most of the bills. He didn’t know their bus times, or bus numbers, or teachers’ names, or doctors and dentist appointments, or whose backpack was whose, but I didn’t know how darn much it cost for electricity. The kids truly do know that joy is not from things. They’ve been resilient each step of the way. If you ever wonder if you’ve made a difference, you certainly have in our family!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.