If you need assistance with school supplies, please click HERE.
School Supply Drive 2017 – Instructions
Once again T&E Care is organizing a School Supply Drive to help area kids whose families struggle to buy the required supplies. Just like last year, we will be supporting over 200 local kids.That’s a lot of pencils! Some of the kids won’t be included on the wish list page because earlier this spring we partnered with FLITE and TE Connectivity to secure 25 filled book bags. So we removed those kids from our wish list totals. But we’ll still need gift cards for everyone. At a minimum of $25/child that means over $5000 in gift cards. This program allows the community to help our local kids feel good about the start of the new school year.
You can help out by sponsoring a student(s), getting bulk items, or donating cash or gift cards. Collections will run from July 6-23.
- SIGN-UP GENIUS: New this year – we will no longer be asking you to check with us before you go shopping! We are posting the student sponsor lists and bulk needs on a Sign-Up Genius page, so your offers will be immediately reflected on that site. You will be able to see what’s available in real time, decide what you want to offer, and head to the stores. No more waiting to hear from us to confirm. The Sign-Up Genius list will be available from July 6 to July 23.
- SPONSORING A STUDENT: On the Sign-Up Genius page there will be a list of students (grades/genders, not names) to be sponsored. Please note the Generic School Supply Lists provided on this page are different than those on the schools’ websites. Please buy only what is on our Generic School Supply List. (You can just deliver your items in a reusable bag. No backpacks needed. We get those through a grant from FLITE.)
- BULK SUPPLIES: There will also be a short list of bulk supplies on the Sign-Up Genius that you may donate to the drive. You can purchase all of one (or more) items, or just a small handful or anything in between.
- GIFT CARDS: If you get gift cards (see below for more details on these) along with supplies – you can just include them with the supplies for drop-off. Be sure to note this on the donation check-list so we know to dig them out of the bag (we give them separately to the parents). And do put them IN the bag, as the drop-off locations are public places. We just want to be sure they aren’t too obvious.
- DONATION CHECK-LIST: Please fill out the T&E Care DONATION CHECK-LIST (download from this page) and include it with your donations to help us make record keeping and thank you notes easier. We need one DONATION CHECK-LIST from each donor.
- DROP OFF LOCATIONS: Public drop off sites are Play It Again Sports (Rte 30 in Berwyn) and the Tredyffrin Library. Please drop items off ONLY when these places are open. Additional options may be made available to all donors.
- DEADLINE: The final day to drop off all items is Sunday, July 23. Sorting will be done at Conestoga High School on Thursday, July 27.
- QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Hate To Shop? Donations and Gift Cards Are VERY Helpful, Too!
Don’t forget that we always appreciate general donations to help supplement our wish list requests, and/or gift cards to general local stores so we can offer families the chance to get some clothes for their kids to start the year (how about new underwear or socks!), or so the kids can go to school having eaten a good breakfast. These should be mailed (along with the Donation Check List) to T&E Care, attn: School Supply Drive, PO Box 2111, Southeastern, PA 19399. If you aren’t comfortable mailing the cards – then send us an email and we’ll give you info about making a delivery.
FOR GIFT CARDS: If you plan to send in gift cards, or if you have any questions, – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s helpful for us to know to keep an eye out for them. Popular stores for clothes and shoes include Walmart, Target, Famous Footwear, TJ Maxx, Primark, Old Navy, or any basic stores at the mall. Wegmans, Giant, Trader Joes, and Acme also work. No specialty stores, please. With over 200 kids – we’ll need over $5000 in gift cards ($25 value best).
NOTE: IF YOU GET GIFT CARDS WITHOUT AN AMOUNT CLEARLY MARKED ON THE CARD, PLEASE TAKE A SHARPIE AND WRITE THE AMOUNT SOMEWHERE ON THE CARD. THAT SAVES US TONS OF TIME CALLING THE STORES TO FIGURE OUT THE AMOUNT. THANKS.
Important Forms to Download
Generic School Supply List – If you are sponsoring a student(s), please use this list when you go shopping. Our lists are a bit different from the main school lists.
Donation Check-List 2017 – Please include this form with your donation (supplies, gift cards, etc) for this drive. It makes our record keeping much easier.
SSD 2017 Drop Off – For directions to Play It Again Sports or the Tredyffrin Library
Tax Donation Form – if you made a donation and need a tax donation form, then you can click here and use this along with your receipts. You should be getting a thanks note from a T&E Care volunteer once the event is over, but you may want this as well.
Generic Supply List
See below for the Generic School Supply Lists. (You can download a copy of this list from the download box above, if desired.) Remember, please buy ONLY what is on the Generic School Supply Lists for each student. If you want to get more things, then check our bulk list requests or we would always welcome gift cards.
College supply list
Thanks for Your Support!
- Wegmans (Malvern) for donating $250 in gift cards for us to hand out to families.
- The RE/MAX Main Line Charitable Foundation for once again making a donation of $1000 to purchase gift cards for the drive.
- The Devon Elementary Girls on the Run for collecting supplies and gift cards.
- The FLITE grant for helping to supply backpacks and other supplies for the drive.
- TE Connectivity for working with FLITE to supply backpacks and supplies for the drive.
For results of past School Supply Drive: SSD Archive Pages.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.