The 2018 School Supply Drive …. Here We Go Again!
Once again T&E Care is organizing a School Supply Drive to help area kids whose families struggle to buy the required supplies. Just like last year, we expect to be supporting well over 200 local kids.That’s a lot of pencils and notebooks! We will be looking for help with the supplies and gift cards for each of the students we have on our lists. For the gift cards – if we offer a minimum of $25/child that means over $5000 in gift cards. These cards are used to help kids get some extra things like new shoes, new underclothes or socks, new shirts or jeans, etc. Sometimes it’s all about making sure they have money for healthy recess snacks. This program allows the community to help our local kids feel good about the start of the new school year. Again this year FLITE will be helping us to fund the book bags needed for the students, so those will not be on the lists. We’ll be looking for specific supplies as requested by the TESD staff.
You can help out by sponsoring a student(s), getting bulk items, or donating cash or gift cards. Collections will run from July 5-22. Our website will be listing the specific items needed.
- SIGN-UP GENIUS: Again this year we will use Sign-up Genius to list the items needed, so you will not need to check with us before you go shopping! We will post the specific student sponsor lists and bulk needs, so your offers will be immediately reflected on that site. You will be able to see what’s available in real time, decide what you want to offer, and head to the stores. The Sign-Up Genius list will be available from July 5 to July 22.
- SPONSORING A STUDENT: On the Sign-Up Genius page there will be a list of students (grades/genders, not names) to be sponsored. Please note the Generic School Supply Lists provided on this page are different than those on the schools’ websites. Please buy only what is on our Generic School Supply List. (You can just deliver your items in a reusable bag. No backpacks needed.)
- BULK SUPPLIES: There will also be a short list of bulk supplies on the Sign-Up Genius that you may donate to the drive. You can purchase all of one (or more) items, or just a small handful or anything in between.
- GIFT CARDS: If you get gift cards (see below for more details on these) along with supplies – you can just include them with the supplies for drop-off. Be sure to note this on the donation check-list so we know to dig them out of the bag (we give them separately to the parents). And do put them IN the bag, as the drop-off locations are public places. We just want to be sure they aren’t too obvious.
- DONATION CHECK-LIST: Please fill out the T&E Care DONATION CHECK-LIST (download from this page) and include it with your donations to help us make record keeping and thank you notes easier. We need one DONATION CHECK-LIST from each donor.
- DROP OFF LOCATIONS: Public drop off sites are Play It Again Sports (Rte 30 in Berwyn) and the Tredyffrin Library. Please drop items off ONLY when these places are open. If neither of these locations work for you – let us know.
- DEADLINE: The final day to drop off all items is Sunday, July 22. Sorting will be done at Conestoga High School on Thursday, July 26.
- QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
In the near future we will be posting a Sign-Up Genius link to schedule volunteers for sorting day. Check back for this soon. If you know you want to get involved – feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work with you on that.
Thanks to the amazing School Supply Drive 2018 Committee:
Eileen Ryle …. Rita Gosnear …. Mary Francis Szpila …. Jean Purinton …. Sarah Culbert …. Bonnie Motel …. Jen Bracco
Laura Pratt …. Paula Cardenas …. Julia Fisher ….Nancy Higgins
Generic School Supply List – If you are sponsoring a student(s), please use this list when you go shopping. Our lists are a bit different from the main school lists. LIST STILL TO BE POSTED.
Donation Check-List 2018 – Please include this form with your donation (supplies, gift cards, etc) for this drive. It makes our record keeping much easier.
Tax Donation Form – if you made a donation and need a tax donation form, then you can click here and use this along with your receipts. You should be getting a thanks note from a T&E Care volunteer once the event is over, but you may want this as well.
Hate To Shop? Donations and Gift Cards Are VERY Helpful, Too!
Don’t forget that we always appreciate general donations to help supplement our school supply requests, and/or gift cards to general local stores so we can offer families the chance to get some clothes for their kids to start the year (how about new underwear or socks!), or so the kids can go to school having eaten a good breakfast. These should be mailed (along with the Donation Check List) to T&E Care, attn: School Supply Drive, PO Box 2111, Southeastern, PA 19399. If you aren’t comfortable mailing the cards – then send us an email and we’ll give you info about making a delivery.
FOR GIFT CARDS: If you plan to send in gift cards, or if you have any questions, – please email email@example.com. It’s helpful for us to know to keep an eye out for them. Popular stores for clothes and shoes include Walmart, Target, Famous Footwear, TJ Maxx, Primark, Old Navy, or any basic stores at the mall. Wegmans, Giant, Trader Joes, and Acme also work. No specialty stores, please. With over 200 kids – we’ll need over $5000 in gift cards ($25 value best).
NOTE: IF YOU GET GIFT CARDS WITHOUT AN AMOUNT CLEARLY MARKED ON THE CARD, PLEASE TAKE A SHARPIE AND WRITE THE AMOUNT SOMEWHERE ON THE CARD. THAT SAVES US TONS OF TIME CALLING THE STORES TO FIGURE OUT THE AMOUNT. THANKS.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.