Kids’ Clothing Event 2018
Thanks to All for Supporting the Kids’ Clothing Event 2017
March 31 and April 1, 2017
St. Matthews United Methodist Church
- The biggest thanks of all – to St. Matthews United Methodist Church for 6 straight years, the most amazing host partner EVER!
- Easttown and Tredyffrin Libraries for agreeing to host two of our public drop off sites.
- All the TESD schools for being the main drop-off sites for all school families.
- Abby Schwartz Associates for printing our flyers.
- Paoli Hardware for donating the large trash bags needed for clean-up.
- American Solutions for Business for printing our street signs at a reduced price.
- Girl Scout Troop #41552 for making posters to hang at VFES advertising the event.
- Bryce Mostoller, local student, for running a clothing drive in her neighborhood to collect needed items.
- The CHS girls field hockey team for sorting all the donations dropped off at the Tredyffrin Library. Almost 100 large white trash bags full, these girls were VERY busy.
- The CHS girls lacrosse team for sorting all the donations dropped off at the Easttown Library. Another 100 or so large white trash bags full, these girls were also VERY busy.
- Berwyn United Methodist Church for loaning us a big room for sorting all the Easttown Library donations.
- Evolve for loaning us space to sort all the Tredyffrin Library donations (and to Jean Allen for setting this all up).
- Declan Arnott for sharing his spring break time to help with the clothing drive. His muscles were much appreciated and for helping coordinate collections at Woodlyne School. He deserves a big pat on the back.
- The local boys rugby teams for cleaning up on Saturday. We were done in record time thanks to their amazing help. We had players from U13, U15 and CHS boys.
- Wegmans (King of Prussia), Trader Joes (Gateway), and Jimmy Johns (King of Prussia) for donating food for the volunteers to enjoy during the long hours of sorting.
- The Saturday Club and to TEMPO for loaning us their clothing racks again this year; they are VERY helpful to have!
- Wayne Sporting Goods (Wayne) for donating some new clothing items to the sale.
- Valley Forge Running Company (Berwyn) for donating new shoes to the sale.
- Marilyn Slotter, Kelly Campbell, Camille Bell, and Robin Sheard, amazing church members, for serving wonderful treats to the shoppers.
- Matthew Nirmaier and Sara Gieske for being important assistants to Grace in the Teen Girls Pop-up Shop.
- The local private collection sites included: Wallace and Nilan Physical Therapy (Malvern), Wayne United Methodist Church (Lane Montessori), Trinity Preschool, The Malvern School, Berwyn United Methodist Church, Mom’s Club, The Church of Latter-day Saints (Broomall), Tarleton, Johnson Matthey, Montessori’s Children’s House, and Charleston, Kelly & Associates.
- Lisa Davis – Chair extraordinaire
- Jeanette Alwine – set up coordinator
- Amanda Ivory – collections coordinator
- Carol Tompkins – volunteer coordinator
- Stacey Stone and Karen Cruickshank – flyers and signs coordinators
- Jennifer Arnott – church liaison
- Jennifer Vastardis – volunteer needs coordinator
- Grace Gillespie – Teen Pop-up Shot coordinator
Kids’ Clothing Event Summaries
For summaries of past Kids’ Clothing Events, including pictures and the list of sponsors and donors, go to the Archived Clothing Event page.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.