Kids’ Clothing Event 2018
Special information about the upcoming Kids’ Clothing Event:
- We will be looking for kids’ clothing for all seasons. We are looking for clothes from infants through teens. Shoes, coats, accessories, and jewelry are also accepted.
- If you donate any “matching outfits” or PJ sets – please safety pin the different parts together.
- Items not accepted include:
- bathing suits, underclothes, and socks (unless clearly new)
- toys or books
- baby items or household items
- adult clothing
- any torn, dirty, or obviously worn clothes
- clothes with unacceptable logos, youth team logos, or camp logos
- Public donation locations are: All the T/E School District schools (there will be bins in the main lobbies), and the Easttown and the Tredyffrin Libraries. Please ONLY DROP OFF ITEMS WHEN THE SCHOOLS OR LIBRARIES ARE OPEN, and only from April 4-13! (Note: we do NOT do collections at the Paoli Library.)
- If you are involved with a group that would like to hold a private collection (just within your group) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can get you the needed details and signage. As long as your group is finished collecting and everything can be sorted by April 17th then you can hold your collection at any time most convenient to your group.
- Again we will be holding the event at St. Matthews United Methodist Church on Walker Rd. in Wayne.
- Due to a conflict at the church, we have changed our dates to Thursday afternoon, April 19 (4:00-8:00) and Friday morning, April 20 (9-12). (Do not worry if you can’t come until the 2nd day – we have traditionally had wonderful selections on the 2nd day.)
- Once again there will be a special “teen shop” for girls – so teen girls are encouraged to come for GREAT selections! It’s boutique-style shopping for a real bargain!
- As in the past, we will not be selling the clothing – we ask only for donations. The suggested donation is $10/bag (we provide the bags) – but you are welcome to offer more if you think you should, or less if you can’t afford even $10. No questions asked.
- Everyone from the community is welcome to join us for this special shopping event. This event is dual-purpose – it’s to help get good quality clothes at no or low cost into the hands of folks who need them, and it is a fund raiser for T&E Care – so the more who come to shop the better! Bring your friends and family! Again, we traditionally have LOTS of clothes from which to choose – so there are lots of options for everyone!
- MANY folks will be needed to help with the sorting of the clothes on April 17, 18 and 19, and working at the event on the 19th and 20th. Volunteers are also needed to hang posters and signs around town before the event, and to help with the breakdown on the 20th. It’s a fun way to help out a good cause. Bring friends and come as a group. The link for the Sign-up Genius can be found HERE.
- All volunteers will be allowed to pre-shop from 6:00-7:00 on Wednesday, April 18. No pre-shopping is permitted during the volunteer shifts.
Contact us at email@example.com.
Kids’ Clothing Event Summaries
For summaries of past Kids’ Clothing Events, including pictures and the list of sponsors and donors, go to the Archived Clothing Event page.
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.