- Fall Fest – November 11, 6:30-11
- Holiday Drive – wish lists go live November 9
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
HURRICANE RELIEF OPTIONS
As many of you know, T&E Care started back in 2005 as a result of Hurricane Katrina. These two recent storms, Harvey and Irma, are bringing back a flood (no pun intended!) of memories. We know there are many many organizations doing relief efforts for those impacted by the hurricanes – and we are sure this community has stepped up to help out, as you often do. If you are worried about sending a donation to an “unknown source” we have information on a couple of foundations that we are sure will be offering direct aid to specific families. We have listed them below. Note: T&E Care does not endorse the facts presented on these sites. Further, T&E Care does not endorse any commercial products that may be advertised or available on these sites.
IASIS Healthcare Foundation for Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
Hurricane Harvey has caused catastrophic damage and disrupted the lives of millions of people who call Southeast Texas home. The employees of 4 hospitals owned by Iasis Healthcare lived right in the path of the most destruction. While the hospitals were able to remain open throughout the hurricane and care for the many hundreds who needed assistance, many of the hospital and physician employees are among those who have suffered devastating personal losses due to the storm. These employees at St. Joseph Medical Center and St. Joseph Medical Center in the Heights (both in Houston), The Medical Center of Southeast Texas (Port Author), and The Medical Center of Southeast Texas-Victory Campus (Beaumont) have demonstrated remarkable resilience and have been providing uninterrupted patient care throughout the crisis. Hundreds of the employees lost homes, cars and other significant possessions. Sadly, one of the employees died in the floods while she and her 3 year old daughter tried to escape the rising flood waters. One story relayed to us was: Sondra is a single mom and had water all the way to within 18 inches of the roof of her home and lost her vehicle. Her entire family all live close by each other and they all were flooded as well. She lost everything, clothes, furniture, household goods, and appliances.
A fund has been established to help these employees. Money raised through this fund will be used to help with the most immediate relief needs of these employees and assist those employees who do not have the resources with which to rebuild their lives. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation via credit or debit card, please visit the Iasis website to make your donation. Checks can also be mailed to the address below, made payable to the Iasis Foundation – Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. If you choose to make a donation, please do so as soon as possible but no later than Friday, September 29, 2017, so that these donations may reach these employees as soon as possible.
117 Seaboard Lane
Dover Center, Bldg. E
Franklin, TN 37067
Attention: Sean Tussey, V/P Controller
UHS Foundation for Florida Assistance
Universal Health Services is a local company which owns and operates numerous hospitals around the country. A foundation was set up after Hurricane Katrina to help Gulf Coast families impacted after that hurricane. This same account is being reactivated now to help families in their Florida hospitals (almost 25 of them – both acute and behavioral) as the result of Hurricane Irma. Between these hospitals and a few operated in the Houston area – there are approximately 9,000 employees. A large portion of them have suffered substantial losses. Donations can be made into the fund to help the employees by either going online (you will immediately receive an emailed thank you confirmation with contribution receipt) or mailing a check made payable to UHS Foundation to:
Attention Karen Sterner, Treasury Dept.
367 South Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406.
(Please note: the online donation form is currently not compatible with Apple iPhone and iOS devices.)
Many THANKS for the recent donations ….
- September 2017 – Thanks to Our Lady of Assumption for a wonderful donation from their outreach program!
- August 2017 – Thanks to McAndrews Law Offices for their recent generous donation!
- July 2017 – Special thanks to CCRES for supporting our College Assistance Program with a $5000 grant. The students we support REALLY appreciate this support.
- July 2017 – We appreciate the matching gifts from GE Foundation and from Chubb – two very generous organizations.
- June 2017 – Thanks again to Talbots for hosting a shopping day for T&E Care in May. We received the check and are pleased to have this partnership!
- June 2017 – Special thanks to Trinity Presbyterian Church (Berwyn) for their recent donation. We always appreciate this partnership!
- Special thanks to the Tredyffrin Easttown Education Association for a recent donation to T&E Care. We work hand in hand with the staff in this district and this donation is MUCH appreciated.
- June 2017 – Thanks to the Willis Foundation for offering a grant to T&E Care. We are excited about this new partnership.
- May 2017 – Thanks to the Wawa Foundation for extending a grant to T&E Care to be used for our lunch program. What a perfect partnership!
- May 2017 – A huge shout out to SAP for matching the donation made through the German shopping day last December. We are very thankful for this extra donation!
- May 2017 – Thanks to FLITE for the computer grant funding – this is such as important grant to help us fund our computer refurbishing program as well as our new laptops for the college students we support. And thanks to Bruce Gibbard for helping set up all the computers.
- May 2017 – Thanks to St. John’s Presbyterian Church Women’s Fellowship group for selecting T&E Care for a donation.
- April 2017 – Thanks to the Church of the Good Samaritan for their surprise donation to help us with our general family support. We appreciate this partnership!
- April 2017 – Thanks to New Eagle Elementary School for hosting the annual Fun Run and donating some of the money raised to T&E Care. This is a fun tradition and we thank them so much for this support!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.