Our Kids' Clothing Event will start soon!'
- Clothing Drive – right before spring break
- Collections for our Kids’ Clothing Drive will take place March 20-29, 2019.
The event itself will be April 4 and 5.
Annual Spring Kids’ Clothing Event
With the winter holidays behind us it is now time to think about the annual spring Kids’ Clothing Event. More details will be posted in the coming days, but for now – please save your kids’ clothes if you clean out your closets – no runs to Goodwill for the next few months! We will be collecting the clothes from March 20-29, sorting the clothes the following week, and the event itself will be April 4 and 5. With the Easter holiday very late in the spring this year, we are holding the drive BEFORE the break. That can sometimes be a little more challenging but hopefully everyone will get closets cleaned out in our attempts to have a truly giant clothing drive! Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Our Annual Holiday Drive Is Over!
This year we supported 111 local families for our holiday drive. And once again we are proud to report that every family was sponsored with all requests including gifts, various baskets, and gift cards. We had lots of TERRIFIC volunteers helping to expedite the delivery days, to sort and wrap once the gifts were all in, and then again to deliver everything. We have posted pictures and a list of supporters on our Holiday Drive website page – please check it out!
And again – THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! What a difference you make to our neighbors. Happy holidays to all!!!
The 2018 Fall Fest may be history, but the memories will long be remembered. We thank this very special community for once again helping us to hold such an amazing event. More details can be found on our Fall Fest page – but please know that we appreciate EVERY SINGLE bit of support! It’s all very overwhelming! Questions can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- A single young lady needs a car. If you have one to offer we are trying to help her out before the end of the year.
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
- Sometimes when we hand out laptops we also like to give the person a computer mouse. We prefer mice with USB plugs versus wireless mice that need continual battery replacements. If you have any extra mice let us know. Please note: we no longer are taking desk tops.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- December 2018 – we thank The Nelson Foundation for a recent grant of $2500. This is a wonderful and much appreciated surprise from this great granting organization.
- December 2018 – we are honored to have recently received a $7500 Hometown Grant from Vanguard. We are humbled to receive this recognition from Vanguard and are excited to partner with them in our efforts to lend assistance to local families.
- December, 2018 – Thanks to Mojo Fitness and Cindy Brauer for holding the Turkey Burn on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was well attended and over $500 was raised for T&E Care that day. Thanks to Cindy for her continued support!
- December, 2018 – Thanks to Nothing Bundt Cake for naming T&E Care as the charity for their Benefit Day grand opening of the new store in Gateway. Over $500 was raised that day. The cakes are delicious and Mike and Erin Shine (store owners) were wonderful to offer us this opportunity.
- November 2018 – Our Thanksgiving Dinner program was very successful again this year! Thanks to Cindy Gilroy, Danyll Lockett, and Laura Pratt for their amazing efforts organizing this important event. We also want to do special shout outs to St. Luke Lutheran Church for hosting the cooking and collecting, to the Amana Foundation for once again being a huge help by providing bags and bags of fresh produce, to Mrs. Thompson’s 4th grade class at BES for making fun cards to include with the dinners, and to all those who helped to cook and to those who provided all the food needed for this to be a success. We KNOW the families receiving these dinners are MOST appreciative.
- November 2018 – We recently put out a request for laptops to help with our refurbishing program, and SEI came through big time. We got 20 laptops through this request – which totally fulfills our needs at this point. Many thanks for this amazing support!
- November 2018 – A million thanks to everyone who supported our 11th annual fundraiser – the Fall Fest. Those who attended, those who donated prizes, those who bid on prizes, those who pulled the event together, and those who sponsored – it was a huge team effort.
- November 2018 – Not only has St. Luke Lutheran Church been a fabulous support hosting our Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinner programs, but they also recently made a general donation to T&E Care. We are extremely thankful for this amazing partnership.
- November 2018 – Thanks to Community Backstop – another local group that helps out families now and then – we were recently able to replace the roof for a local family. Partnering with Community Backstop on bigger projects like this is very helpful!
- November 2018 – We are honored to announce another wonderful grant from The W.W. Smith Charitable Trust. The Trust’s support shows they continue to understand the many difficult family needs assisted by our organization. We thank them for this amazing recognition.
- October 2018 – Louella in Wayne recently had a shopping day for T&E Care and $250 was raised as a result. Thanks to all who enjoyed the chance to shop at this great store on our behalf!
- October 2018 – Many thanks to Berwyn United Methodist Church for a recent donation for our general fund. We always appreciate the support of our local faith-based organizations.
- September 2018 – A round of applause for a number of folks from the Devon office of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Fox & Roach who recently donated their time to do a clean-up for a local resident, and to also help with some Fall Fest invitations. We appreciate all the help with can get with these projects!
- September 2018 – Hats off to the Paoli Ford dealer for helping with a repair of a car to a local resident – offering a 10% discount off a significant repair.
- September 2018 – Much appreciation to the WAWA Foundation for honoring T&E Care with a $1500 grant to put towards our School Lunch Assistance Program.
- July 2018 – A huge thanks to CCRES, (Chester County Regional Educational Services) for the award of a $4000 grant toward our College Assistance Program. The mission of CCRES is to ensure quality educational and human service programs for children, families, and schools – which fits perfectly with our attempts to help students get a college degree. For more information on CCRES, go to www.ccres.org.
- July 2018 – Thanks again to the Glen Valley Garden Club for a donation to our organization. We appreciate their continued support!
- June 2018 – Thanks again to Fazal Syed, Level 7 Tennis, for hosting the tennis clinic in June. What a generous person to donate his time and talent on behalf of T&E Care.
- June 2018 – The St. John’s Presbyterian Women’s Fellowship Board surprised us with a wonderful donation.
- June 2018 – The Charitable Flex Fund made a donation to T&E Care through an individual request.
- June 2018 – FLITE covered much of the cost of our Computers for Kids program.
- May 2018 – Jennifer on the Avenue (Berwyn) did a shopping day for us a few weeks ago.
- May 2018 – St. Monica’s Church recently received special donations that they were able to turn around and offer to some area non-profits, and T&E Care was luckily on that list. This was an amazing donation that will certainly be put to good use as we continue to help local families.
- May 2018 – matching gifts came from J&J, Merck Foundation, Chubb, and the Boeing Company. These are easy and much appreciated ways to lend some extra support!
- May 2018 – Village Wellness made a donation to T&E Care through “laughter yoga” on World Laughter Day! Now that’s a FUN donation to receive!
- May 2018 – a huge shout out to the families and staff at New Eagle ES for hosting the annual Fun Run and supporting T&E Care in the process. (see pix below)
- April 2018 – the James J Brooke Estate Plumbing & Heating Inc made a nice donation to T&E Care – just because!
- April 2018 – a big thanks to the Beaumont Elementary School staff and families for their support of a recent fun day event, with the proceeds coming to T&E Care.
- April 2018 – St. Peter’s Church in the Great Valley donated their Good Friday offering to T&E Care – what a nice gesture!.
- April 2018 – a shout out to Paoli Village Shoppes for making a donation to our camp program for 2018.
- March 2018 – Thanks to St. Luke Church for including T&E Care in their alternative gift program for the past holidays.
- March 2018 – Thanks to the GE Foundation for an amazing matching donation.
- February 2018 – Thanks to the Thornedge Foundation for making a terrific donation to our organization.
- February 2018 – Thanks to employee giving programs at both Merck Foundation and The Boeing Company – these programs really help us a lot!
- January 2018 – Thanks to the Berwyn United Methodist Church for putting us in their Alternative Gift program for the holidays.
- January 2018 – thanks to The Upper Main Line Rotary Charitable Fund for a TERRIFIC donation. We are very proud of this partnership. (see pix below)
- January 2018 – thanks to the VFMS PTO for making a donation to T&E Care. It’s fun and IMPORTANT to have the support of the local PTOs!
- January 2018 – Tompkins VIST Bank made a wonderful donation to T&E Care, in conjunction with Easttown Township – we very much appreciate this assistance!
- January 2018 – The Baptist Church in the Great Valley and the United Church of Christ at Valley Forge made nice donations to T&E Care to support our efforts. Thanks!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.