Mark your calendars for the very exciting fund raiser for T&E Care – the Fall Fest. This year’s event will be held again at St. Davids Golf Club on Saturday, November 3, 6:30-11. This popular dinner/dance/silent auction will feature the School of Rock House Band (the Delta Squad) for your dancing and music enjoyment. Desserts will be donated by Nothing Bundt Cakes (Gateway Shopping Center.) There will be many raffle and auction prizes – with TWO featured raffle prizes (1) 2 tickets to see Hamilton in NYC on May 4, 2019 and (2) a week-long stay in a great beach house in Marathon, FL. More details about the event, the prizes, and the sponsor opportunities can be found on our Fall Fest page.
If you would like information on how to sponsor this popular event, or our silent auction/raffle prizes, or how to get involved in the planning please let us know. Questions can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Holiday Drive Coming Soon!
We know it’s only fall – but the planning for the 13th annual Holiday Drive has started! MUCH more to come – but we wanted to at least get the dates on your radar. We will be offering opportunities to sponsor families, help with specific gifts or gift baskets, get gift cards, or help out in whatever way works best for your family. And of course, we’ll need lots of volunteers to sort everything out. The link to sign up to volunteer is now available! If you are part of a group that would like to get involved in some way – please let us know in advance so we can work out those details early. In whatever way you can help, we ALWAYS appreciate your assistance! For more details go to our Holiday Drive website page. Questions: email@example.com
- Wish lists available for support – Friday, November 9 through Saturday, December 1
- Drop offs at St. John’s Presbyterian Church – Sunday or Monday, December 2 or 3
- Sorting – December 4 and 5
Special Fall Events for T&E Care
The fall is always the busiest time for T&E Care, and this year is no exception. Not only do we have our big annual fund raiser and our huge Holiday Drive, there are events being run for us, and our two Holiday Dinners programs will be taking place. Please see if your family can lend a hand in some way! The highlights for these extra events are listed below. Click on the links for more details.
Band Concert at 30 Main – join us on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 7-10 at 30 Main for a band concert with the Deck 5 Band. Gift cards for our Holiday Drive are requested for admission.
Nothing Bundt Cake Benefit Day – celebrate the grand opening of the new store in Gateway Shopping Center and support T&E Care – all day on Friday, November 9. 20% of sales to T&E Care.
Thanksgiving Dinners – We’ll again be preparing Thanksgiving dinner for some local families on Wednesday, November 21.
Turkey Burn from Mojo Fitness – burn off your Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, November 24.
Holiday Dinners – We will also be gathering food for special holiday dinners for some local families. The date for this is still TBD but it will be sometime around December 20.
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
- Sometimes when we hand out laptops we also like to give the person a computer mouse. We prefer mice with USB plugs versus wireless mice that need continual battery replacements. If you have any extra mice let us know. Please note: we no longer are taking desk tops.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- September 2018 – A round of applause for a number of folks from the Devon office of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Fox & Roach who recently donated their time to do a clean-up for a local resident, and to also help with some Fall Fest invitations. We appreciate all the help with can get with these projects!
- September 2018 – Hats off to the Paoli Ford dealer for helping with a repair of a car to a local resident – offering a 10% discount off a significant repair.
- September 2018 – Much appreciation to the WAWA Foundation for honoring T&E Care with a $1500 grant to put towards our School Lunch Assistance Program.
- July 2018 – A huge thanks to CCRES, (Chester County Regional Educational Services) for the award of a $4000 grant toward our College Assistance Program. The mission of CCRES is to ensure quality educational and human service programs for children, families, and schools – which fits perfectly with our attempts to help students get a college degree. For more information on CCRES, go to www.ccres.org.
- July 2018 – Thanks again to the Glen Valley Garden Club for a donation to our organization. We appreciate their continued support!
- June 2018 – Thanks again to Fazal Syed, Level 7 Tennis, for hosting the tennis clinic in June. What a generous person to donate his time and talent on behalf of T&E Care.
- June 2018 – The St. John’s Presbyterian Women’s Fellowship Board surprised us with a wonderful donation.
- June 2018 – The Charitable Flex Fund made a donation to T&E Care through an individual request.
- June 2018 – FLITE covered much of the cost of our Computers for Kids program.
- May 2018 – Jennifer on the Avenue (Berwyn) did a shopping day for us a few weeks ago.
- May 2018 – St. Monica’s Church recently received special donations that they were able to turn around and offer to some area non-profits, and T&E Care was luckily on that list. This was an amazing donation that will certainly be put to good use as we continue to help local families.
- May 2018 – matching gifts came from J&J, Merck Foundation, Chubb, and the Boeing Company. These are easy and much appreciated ways to lend some extra support!
- May 2018 – Village Wellness made a donation to T&E Care through “laughter yoga” on World Laughter Day! Now that’s a FUN donation to receive!
- May 2018 – a huge shout out to the families and staff at New Eagle ES for hosting the annual Fun Run and supporting T&E Care in the process. (see pix below)
- April 2018 – the James J Brooke Estate Plumbing & Heating Inc made a nice donation to T&E Care – just because!
- April 2018 – a big thanks to the Beaumont Elementary School staff and families for their support of a recent fun day event, with the proceeds coming to T&E Care.
- April 2018 – St. Peter’s Church in the Great Valley donated their Good Friday offering to T&E Care – what a nice gesture!.
- April 2018 – a shout out to Paoli Village Shoppes for making a donation to our camp program for 2018.
- March 2018 – Thanks to St. Luke Church for including T&E Care in their alternative gift program for the past holidays.
- March 2018 – Thanks to the GE Foundation for an amazing matching donation.
- February 2018 – Thanks to the Thornedge Foundation for making a terrific donation to our organization.
- February 2018 – Thanks to employee giving programs at both Merck Foundation and The Boeing Company – these programs really help us a lot!
- January 2018 – Thanks to the Berwyn United Methodist Church for putting us in their Alternative Gift program for the holidays.
- January 2018 – thanks to The Upper Main Line Rotary Charitable Fund for a TERRIFIC donation. We are very proud of this partnership. (see pix below)
- January 2018 – thanks to the VFMS PTO for making a donation to T&E Care. It’s fun and IMPORTANT to have the support of the local PTOs!
- January 2018 – Tompkins VIST Bank made a wonderful donation to T&E Care, in conjunction with Easttown Township – we very much appreciate this assistance!
- January 2018 – The Baptist Church in the Great Valley and the United Church of Christ at Valley Forge made nice donations to T&E Care to support our efforts. Thanks!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.