Our Annual Holiday Drive Has Started!
Again this year we are supporting over 100 local families for our holiday drive. We are offering opportunities to sponsor families, help with specific gifts or gift baskets, get gift cards, or help out in whatever way works best for your family. For more details go to our Holiday Drive website page.
And of course, we’ll need lots of volunteers to sort everything out. The link to sign up to volunteer is available here! In whatever way you can help, we ALWAYS appreciate your assistance! Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wish lists available for support – Friday, November 9 through Saturday, December 1
- Drop offs at St. John’s Presbyterian Church – Sunday or Monday, December 2 or 3
- Sorting – December 4 and 5
Special Fall Events for T&E Care
The fall is always the busiest time for T&E Care, and this year is no exception. Not only do we have our big annual fund raiser and our huge Holiday Drive, there are events being run for us, and our two Holiday Dinners programs will be taking place. Please see if your family can lend a hand in some way! The highlights for these extra events are listed below. Click on the links for more details.
Thanksgiving Dinners – We’ll again be preparing Thanksgiving dinner at St. Luke Church in Devon for some local families on Wednesday, November 21. We are all full for donations for this event! You can either wait until the December dinner drive, or support our holiday drive instead! Thanks. Sign-ups can be reviewed here for this event.
Turkey Burn from Mojo Fitness – burn off your Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, November 24.
Weihnachtsmarkt (German Christmas Market) will be held at the Willowbrook Farm, 1750 North Valley Rd, Malvern, December 8th (3-7) and 9th (3-6). Lots of wonderful shopping opportunities and fun for kids as well!
Holiday Dinners – We will also be gathering food for special holiday dinners for some local families. We will collect the food the late afternoon of Wednesday, December 19 or the morning of Thursday, December 20, all at St. Luke Church in Devon.
The 2018 Fall Fest may be history, but the memories will long be remembered. We thank this very special community for once again helping us to hold such an amazing event. More details can be found on our Fall Fest page – but please know that we appreciate EVERY SINGLE bit of support! It’s all very overwhelming! Questions can be sent to us at email@example.com.
Special Needs for Local Families
If you have the ability to help with any of these VERY important needs for a few of our local families please let us know. The power of “community” can often make the impossible possible. Thank you.
- Commonly requested are tall dressers. If you ever have one to donate let us know.
- Sometimes when we hand out laptops we also like to give the person a computer mouse. We prefer mice with USB plugs versus wireless mice that need continual battery replacements. If you have any extra mice let us know. Please note: we no longer are taking desk tops.
Many THANKS for the recent donations of support ….
- September 2018 – A round of applause for a number of folks from the Devon office of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Fox & Roach who recently donated their time to do a clean-up for a local resident, and to also help with some Fall Fest invitations. We appreciate all the help with can get with these projects!
- September 2018 – Hats off to the Paoli Ford dealer for helping with a repair of a car to a local resident – offering a 10% discount off a significant repair.
- September 2018 – Much appreciation to the WAWA Foundation for honoring T&E Care with a $1500 grant to put towards our School Lunch Assistance Program.
- July 2018 – A huge thanks to CCRES, (Chester County Regional Educational Services) for the award of a $4000 grant toward our College Assistance Program. The mission of CCRES is to ensure quality educational and human service programs for children, families, and schools – which fits perfectly with our attempts to help students get a college degree. For more information on CCRES, go to www.ccres.org.
- July 2018 – Thanks again to the Glen Valley Garden Club for a donation to our organization. We appreciate their continued support!
- June 2018 – Thanks again to Fazal Syed, Level 7 Tennis, for hosting the tennis clinic in June. What a generous person to donate his time and talent on behalf of T&E Care.
- June 2018 – The St. John’s Presbyterian Women’s Fellowship Board surprised us with a wonderful donation.
- June 2018 – The Charitable Flex Fund made a donation to T&E Care through an individual request.
- June 2018 – FLITE covered much of the cost of our Computers for Kids program.
- May 2018 – Jennifer on the Avenue (Berwyn) did a shopping day for us a few weeks ago.
- May 2018 – St. Monica’s Church recently received special donations that they were able to turn around and offer to some area non-profits, and T&E Care was luckily on that list. This was an amazing donation that will certainly be put to good use as we continue to help local families.
- May 2018 – matching gifts came from J&J, Merck Foundation, Chubb, and the Boeing Company. These are easy and much appreciated ways to lend some extra support!
- May 2018 – Village Wellness made a donation to T&E Care through “laughter yoga” on World Laughter Day! Now that’s a FUN donation to receive!
- May 2018 – a huge shout out to the families and staff at New Eagle ES for hosting the annual Fun Run and supporting T&E Care in the process. (see pix below)
- April 2018 – the James J Brooke Estate Plumbing & Heating Inc made a nice donation to T&E Care – just because!
- April 2018 – a big thanks to the Beaumont Elementary School staff and families for their support of a recent fun day event, with the proceeds coming to T&E Care.
- April 2018 – St. Peter’s Church in the Great Valley donated their Good Friday offering to T&E Care – what a nice gesture!.
- April 2018 – a shout out to Paoli Village Shoppes for making a donation to our camp program for 2018.
- March 2018 – Thanks to St. Luke Church for including T&E Care in their alternative gift program for the past holidays.
- March 2018 – Thanks to the GE Foundation for an amazing matching donation.
- February 2018 – Thanks to the Thornedge Foundation for making a terrific donation to our organization.
- February 2018 – Thanks to employee giving programs at both Merck Foundation and The Boeing Company – these programs really help us a lot!
- January 2018 – Thanks to the Berwyn United Methodist Church for putting us in their Alternative Gift program for the holidays.
- January 2018 – thanks to The Upper Main Line Rotary Charitable Fund for a TERRIFIC donation. We are very proud of this partnership. (see pix below)
- January 2018 – thanks to the VFMS PTO for making a donation to T&E Care. It’s fun and IMPORTANT to have the support of the local PTOs!
- January 2018 – Tompkins VIST Bank made a wonderful donation to T&E Care, in conjunction with Easttown Township – we very much appreciate this assistance!
- January 2018 – The Baptist Church in the Great Valley and the United Church of Christ at Valley Forge made nice donations to T&E Care to support our efforts. Thanks!
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.