Local Food Cupboards
There are multiple food pantries in and around T/E to serve the needs of families in T/E. (*You can go to only ONE Chester County Food Bank site – as you have to register with the Food Bank.)
The Great Valley Food Cupboard – Part of the Chester County Food Bank*
The Baptist Church in the Great Valley, 945 N Valley Forge Rd, Devon, PA
- Open every Tuesday from 11-1 and the second Wednesday evening of each month, from 6-8.
- Located in the Scott Building behind the church (white building)
- All those interested will have to complete a self-declaration form to prove need, and show proof of residence.
- Call 610-688-5445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to contact the church to ask about the services of this food cupboard.
St. Norberts Church
50 Leopard Rd., Paoli
- Families pick up from 10-12 pm every Thursday.
- They can offer milk, meat, bread, and some canned goods. Recipients need to be able to get to the church, or have someone pick up for them.
- Call St. Norberts at 610-644-1655.
- This is not part of the Chester County Food Bank program.
The Caring Cupboard – Part of the Chester County Food Bank*
Trinity Presbyterian Church, 640 Berwyn Ave, Berwyn, PA
- Located close to the Easttown Library.
- For hours and general information call 610-644-0932.
- Very small food bank, so can’t easily accommodate new people – but check if you live nearby.
Church of the Good Samaritan Food Closet – Part of the Chester County Food Bank*
212 W. Lancaster Ave, Paoli
- Open the 1st and 3rd Thursdays from 8am-10am OR the 2nd or 4th Thursdays from 4pm-6pm
- Food is available twice a month (you register for either mornings or afternoons); if there is a 5th Thursday in a month, then there is no distribution that day.
- Questions – call 610-644-4040, ext 702 or email email@example.com
- Bring a picture ID and a utility or medical statement that includes your address, not older than 3 months
- You must live in Chester County (not including Coatesville)
- Income level is calculated at less than 150% of poverty level, and is based on the number of people in your family
- Currently (as of May 2022) not part of the Chester County Food Bank, but is considering joining
- Distributes food twice a week – Tuesdays (9-12) and Thursdays (2-6).
- You can go as often as you want. Just show up.
- Call for information 610-644-8250 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distributes the first Wednesday of each month, starting at 9am
Wayne United Methodist Church
210 S Wayne Ave, Wayne, PA
- Wayne United Methodist Church food pantry is open every Wednesday and Thursday from 9-1.
- It is open to everyone, you do not need to be a resident of Wayne. No questions are asked and people are welcome to come every week.
- Wayne UMC is not part of the Chester County Food Bank.
- Visit the website or call 610-688-5650 for details.
*Remember for all of the above food closets with a *, you can only sign up to utilize one of them. These are all run by the Chester County Food Bank and they each keep a record of who attends.
Inexpensive Lunches available
Surrey for Area Seniors
The Surrey Cafe in Devon offers a healthy nutritious lunches to area seniors Monday – Thursday and some Fridays on a drop-in basis for $4 per person. Check the Devon calendar for the daily menu. The Surrey Cafe also has light meals available to take out. Prices for these vary, check with the Front Desk for more information. Call 610-647-9840 with any questions.
Surrey has many many other programs for seniors as well. Check out their website!
Surrey – Devon
60 Surrey Way
Devon, PA 19333
Wayne Senior Center for Seniors
Wayne Senior Center offers nutritious lunches to area seniors Monday – Fridays for a suggested donation of $2.50 per person. Free registration for the meal program. Currently, lunches are served on a to go basis, pick-ups are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 – 2:00 pm. Please call 610-688-6246 with any questions or to register.
Wayne Senior Center has many programs for seniors as well; open to all individuals age 60+ who live in the greater Philadelphia metro area. Check out their website at wayneseniorcenter.org!
Wayne Senior Center
108 Station Rd
Wayne, PA 19087
Government Run Food Resources
The mission of T&E Care is to maintain a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need who live in and around the Tredyffrin and Easttown township areas.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.