SUMMER CAMP ASSISTANCE 2019
Summer is right around the corner, so it’s time to start to think about summer camp! Again this year T&E Care will help support students interested in attending a summer camp. See below for the specific details on how our program works, the application needed to request assistance, and the suggested list of possible camps to consider. Questions can be sent to us at email@example.com.
Summer Camp Assistance 2019
for Tredyffrin & Easttown Residents
T&E Care will again be offering some assistance (providing we have funding available) if any of your children are interested in going to summer camp this year and you would struggle to afford the tuition fee. Please keep in mind the following:
- If you are interested in our scholarship assistance:
- You and your kids must be T/E residents (anyone in a surrounding community is reviewed on a case by case basis, so email us first to confirm – give lots of details on why you should be considered).
- You must commit to REGULAR attendance by your child(ren) at the camp. We cannot ask the community to cover the fees for this program, or to help with your transportation, only to have the children not attend regularly.
- You must be willing to demonstrate financial need, if requested.
- You must send in your request prior to the June 7 deadline.
- Amount of assistance: T&E Care is willing to help with up to $275 per child toward a camp experience as long as we have funds still available in our budget. We expect this program to be very popular so the sooner you let us know of your need, the more likely we’ll have the funds to help. (If we run out before the June 7 deadline, then we may just shut down the program early.)
- To get this assistance follow these 4 (maybe 5) simple steps:
- Find a camp: YOU need to find a camp your child would like. The list of camps on this website is just for suggestions. If you know of other camps your child(ren) might want to attend go ahead and check them out.
- Confirm Fees/Space in Camp: Find out if the camp offers its own scholarship/reduced fee options. Scholarships are usually offered on a first come-first serve basis. If you know what camp your child would like to attend, check with the camp ASAP and apply for their scholarship program. Many camps offer reduced fees for early enrollment. Please pay attention to those deadlines; it’s hard for us to justifying paying the higher fee because a deadline was missed. Make sure there is space for your child in the camp. NOTE: If you plan to send your child to a camp at the YMCA – you MUST apply for financial aid support before you come to T&E Care for additional assistance. (Go to the Y to get that application – we do not believe it can be done online.)
- Contact Us to Confirm Assistance: Complete the on-line form below. If you aren’t able to do that, then email all your information to us. T&E Care can offer assistance up to $275 per child, as long as our funds are available.
- Register Your Child for the Camp: Once we confirm our assistance, we will pay for all/part of the camp bill but you still need to register your child(ren) for the camp.
- IF NEEDED: Request Transportation If you expect to need help with transportation, then you need to let us know about this in plenty of time so we can arrange this with our volunteers. There is a REQUIRED on-line form below that MUST also be completed for transportation.
Other notes to remember
- The township camps and vacation bible school programs are great deals – your child can often attend many weeks for one low price.
- The YMCA in Berwyn has a great discount program to help reduce the costs of their camps. The Y also has the broadest list of camps in the area, as well as extended day options. Be sure to get a Financial Aid application (available at the Y service desk) and send it to the Y ASAP to start that process if your child(ren) is interested in attending a Y camp. We usually can not afford to cover the entire fee of a Y camp but can likely help with a balance after your financial aid discount.
- If requested, we will try to help with transportation for up to 2 weeks as long as you stay local. You must indicate this need on your application, and we’ll be in touch for more details. A MINIMUM OF 2 WEEKS ADVANCE NOTICE IS REQUIRED FOR ANY TRANSPORTATION REQUESTS.
- The local education foundation (FLITE) offers some financial assistance for middle/high school students for any academic-based camps, including the obvious (reading, math, science, etc.) plus computers, leadership, art, music, etc. If this is the type of camp your child is interested in, contact your child’s guidance counselor and he/she can connect you with a FLITE representative.
TEC Summer Camp Application 2019 Camp Assistance Application
Once you have contacted the camp of your choice and confirmed space and cost/scholarship, we need information in order to consider offering assistance. You should fill out the on-line form below (deadline: June 7), or just send an email (with ALL the information) directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The on-line form is preferred by us. In all cases, please complete one form PER child. If submitting forms for multiple children, you do NOT need to retype your address, phone, and email, put SAME in the required box.
Note: If you don’t hear back from a T&E Care representative within a few days after sending your application please contact us at email@example.com. Every now and then the applications don’t go through, and we don’t want your child to miss out. The on-line forms don’t seem to come through well from a phone so please try to use a computer when you can.
Transportation Assistance Application
If you do need transportation assistance, once you have confirmed your camp and we have made the payment, we can try to help set up transportation assistance with our volunteer drivers. We will only offer transportation if the camp is local, and the most we can help is 2 weeks per child. This application MUST be submitted before we can arrange the transportation. Two weeks advance notice is required to be able to arrange transportation. Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. In all cases, please complete one form PER child.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.