SUMMER CAMP ASSISTANCE 2018
Summer is here so the camps have started. Our camp assistance program is now finished. We are happy to report that over 70 local kids are going to camp as the result of this program. See you next summer (Our information will be updated starting in February 2019.)
Summer Camp Assistance 2018
for Tredyffrin & Easttown Residents
OUR CAMP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2018. PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AS WE ARE NO LONGER PROCESSING REQUESTS.
T&E Care will again be offering some assistance (providing we have funding available) if any of your children are interested in going to summer camp this year and you would struggle to afford the tuition fee. Please keep in mind the following:
- If you are interested in our scholarship assistance:
- You must be a T/E resident (anyone in a surrounding community is reviewed on a case by case basis, so email us first to confirm – give lots of details on why you should be considered).
- You must commit to REGULAR attendance by your child(ren) at the camp. We cannot ask the community to cover the fees for this program, or to help with your transportation, only to have the children not attend regularly.
- You must be willing to demonstrate financial need, if requested.
- You must send in your request prior to the June 8 deadline.
- T&E Care is willing to help with up to $275 per child toward a camp experience as long as we have funds still available in our budget. We expect this program to be very popular so the sooner you let us know of your need, the more likely we’ll have the funds to help (if we run out before the June 8 deadline, then we’ll shut down the program early).
- To get this assistance follow these 4 (maybe 5) simple steps:
- Find a camp: YOU need to find a camp your child would like. The list of camps on this website is just for suggestions. If you know of other camps your child(ren) might want to attend go ahead and check them out.
- Confirm Fees/Space in Camp: Find out if the camp offers its own scholarship/reduced fee options. Scholarships are usually first come-first serve basis. If you know what camp your child would like to attend check with the camp ASAP and apply for their scholarship program. Many camps offer reduced fees for early enrollment. Please pay attention to those deadlines, it’s hard for us to justifying paying the higher fee because a deadline was missed. Make sure there is space for your child in the camp. NOTE: If you plan to send your child to a camp at the YMCA – you MUST apply for YCares support before you come to T&E Care for additional assistance. (Go to the Y to get that application – it can not be done online.)
- Contact Us to Confirm Assistance: Mail or email your completed T&E Care camp application once you are ready for assistance or complete the on-line form below. T&E Care can offer assistance up to $275 per child, as long as our funds are available.
- Register Your Child for the Camp: Once we confirm our assistance, we will pay for all/part of the camp bill but you still need to register your child(ren) for the camp.
- Request Transportation, if needed: If you expect to need help with transportation, then you need to let us know about this in plenty of time so we can arrange this with our volunteers. There is a REQUIRED on-line form below that MUST also be completed for transportation.
Other notes to remember
- The township camps and vacation bible school programs are great deals your child can attend many weeks for one low price.
- The YMCA in Berwyn has a great discount program (YCares) to help reduce the costs of their camps. It also has the broadest list of camps in the area, as well as extended day options. Be sure to get a YCares application (available at the Y service desk) and send it in ASAP to start that process if your child(ren) is interested in attending a Y camp. We usually can not afford to cover the entire fee of a Y camp but can likely help with a balance after your YCares discount.
- If requested, we will try to help with transportation for up to 2 weeks as long as you stay local. You must indicate this need on your application, and we’ll be in touch for more details. A MINIMUM OF 2 WEEKS ADVANCE NOTICE IS REQUIRED FOR ANY TRANSPORTATION REQUESTS.
- The local education foundation (FLITE) offers some financial assistance for middle/high school students for any academic-based camps, including the obvious (reading, math, science, etc.) plus computers, leadership, art, music, etc. If you know of this type of camp you are interested in contact your child’s guidance counselor and he/she can connect you with a FLITE representative.
Once you submit the online application below someone from T&E Care will get in touch with you to coordinate the process. Remember that many camps do fill up early and our funds are limited. For the sake of your child do not delay! If you have any questions feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
TEC Summer Camp Application 2018 Camp Assistance Application
Once you have contacted the camp of your choice and confirmed space and cost/scholarship, we need the following information in order to consider offering assistance. You can either fill out the on-line form below, download the written form, TEC Summer Camp Application2018, and mail it in, or just send an email (with ALL the information) directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The on-line form is preferred by us. In all cases, please complete one form PER child. If submitting forms for multiple children, you do NOT need to retype your address, phone, and email, put A/S (Already Submitted) in the required box.
Note: If you don’t hear back from a T&E Care representative within a few days after sending your application please contact us at email@example.com. Every now and then the applications don’t go through, and we don’t want your child to miss out. The on-line forms don’t seem to come through well from a phone so please try to use a computer when you can.
Transportation Assistance Application
If you do need transportation assistance, once you have confirmed your camp and we have made the payment, we can try to help set up transportation assistance with our volunteer drivers. We will only offer transportation if the camp is local, and the most we can help is 2 weeks per child. The form below MUST be submitted before we can arrange the transportation. You can complete the online form by clicking HERE. If you would rather mail in a paper form you can download the Camp Ride Form 2018 (keep in mind mailing will take more time). Two weeks advance notice is required to be able to arrange transportation. Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. In all cases, please complete one form PER child.
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.