If you need help getting food for your family, please be sure to contact one of the food pantries below. They are set up to help with these needs. Help above and beyond that can be requested to us by completing our online form requesting help.
Local Food Cupboards
There are two food pantries in T/E to serve the needs of families in T/E. There are also a few outside of T/E that can help as well.
The Great Valley Food Cupboard
The Baptist Church in the Great Valley, 945 N Valley Forge Rd, Devon, PA
- Open every Tuesday from 11-2 and the second Wednesday evening of each month, from 6-8.
- Located in the Scott Building behind the church
- All those interested will have to complete a self-declaration form to prove need, and show proof of residence.
- Call 610-688-5445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to contact the church to ask about the services of this food cupboard.
The Caring Cupboard
Trinity Presbyterian Church, 640 Berwyn Ave, Berwyn, PA
- Located close to the Easttown Library.
- For hours and general information call 610-644-0932.
Three other food banks in the area that will help T/E families are located at:
Church of the Good Samaritan Food Closet
212 W. Lancaster Ave, Paoli
- Open the 1st and 3rd Thursdays from 8am-10am OR the 2nd or 4th Thursdays from 4pm-6pm
- Food is available twice a month.
- Questions – call 610-644-4040, ext 702 or email email@example.com
- Bring a picture ID and a utility or medical statement that includes your address, not older than 3 months
- You must live in Chester County (not including Coatesville)
- Income level is calculated at less than 150% of poverty level, and is based on the number of people in your family
- Call for information 610-644-8250
Remember for all 4 of the above food closets you can only sign up to utilize one food closet. They are all run by the Chester County Food Bank and they each keep a record of who attends.
Wayne United Methodist Church
210 S Wayne Ave, Wayne, PA
Wayne United Methodist Church food pantry is open every Wednesday and Thursday from 9-1. It is open to everyone, you do not need to be a resident of Wayne. No questions are asked and people are welcome to come every week. Wayne UMC is not part of the Chester County Food Bank. Visit the website or call 610-688-5650 for details.
Inexpensive Lunch at Surrey for Area Seniors
The Surrey Cafe in Devon offers a healthy nutritious lunches to area seniors Monday – Thursday and some Fridays on a drop-in basis for $4 per person. Check the Devon calendar for the daily menu. The Surrey Cafe also has light meals available to take out. Prices for these vary, check with the Front Desk for more information. Call 610-647-9840 with any questions.
Surrey has many many other programs for seniors as well. Check out their amazing website!
Surrey – Devon
60 Surrey Way
(formerly 60 Chestnut Ave.)
Devon, PA 19333
Government Run Food Resources
T&E Care is an IRS recognized non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code. The official registration and financial information of Tredyffrin & Easttown Care may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.